Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am just curious as to what people's favorite games for the Palm OS are. I would set up a poll for this but I am sure there would be complaints from people wondering why I didn't include such and such game so I am just going to tally this up in a week and post here. This also allows people to pick more than one because I am sure there are some people can't pick between two or three or fifteen.

My two favorite games are Bejeweled and DopeWars. Though at least with DopeWars I can get away with calling it a microeconomic simulation.

Jason
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?
    Siberian Strike is what I've been playing recently. It has the most incredible graphics and gameplay I've seen in a Palm game so far.... I like airplane shooter games but I was VERY disappointed by Zap! Siberian Strike really delivers. Check out these screenshots!

Another one I highly recommend is Dejobaan's BeBop which is a "SIMS" type game in which you play house with little simulated people. It is currently still in development but it is WAY cool (especially in color).

-Trotsky
    MaryoBros
    Karateka
    Spy Hunter
    Well, this week at least, and only until Kyle's Quest 2 comes out.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by Trotsky
    Siberian Strike is what I've been playing recently. It has the most incredible graphics and gameplay I've seen in a Palm game so far.... I like airplane shooter games but I was VERY disappointed by Zap! Siberian Strike really delivers. Check out these screenshots!
    That Siberian Strike game looks really neat. However to me Zap! and Siberian Stirke look very similar, at least in the type of game they are. I have Zap! 2000 and I really like it. I just didn't include it in my list because I don't play it as much.

Jason
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?
    Siberian Strike is to Zap! as Ababall is to AtomSmash.

Siberian Strike's graphics and gameplay is far superior to that of Zap in every that I care about.

One thing that I REALLY like about SS is that you can use the stylus to control the plane - and it isn't the old drag the ship around the screen bit.

Basically the grafitti area becomes a representation of the bigger screen area. Where you point to on the grafitti area is where the plane goes....

Bah, you have to try it to see it. It's neato.

-Trotsky
    I tend to use my VDX for smaller, quicker playing games...

Favorites-
    Freeware:
    Backgammon 3.1 (the free one)
    Pyramid
    YARG (Yet Another Reversi Game)
    Yahdice (Yachtzee clone)
    Dopewars
    Parking Lot (Rush Hur clone)

Registered Shareware:
    3 peaks
    Acid Solitaire (Red Mercury)
    Acid Freecell (Red Mercury)
    Shanghai ( Landware)

I also like-
    Bomb Canada (sorry Canadians!)
    Pig
    Clear-Up
    Astron100
    Cosmic Wimpout

Chess- so far I have not liked the chess programs I have tried, either too hard, or leave a lot of garbage on the desktop, or whatever. Any recommendations?
    PocketRogue
    BackGammon
    The big 4 from Palm
    Hearts (different ones depending on color)
    Space Trader
    Yahdice

The the only shareware title:
    Solitaire House
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    The best Chess game (I've tried all of them) is Chess Tiger. It is currently THE strongest chess program - it has beaten several international master and even a grandmaster!

Regarding your concerns:

1) The difficulty level can be modulated all the way from level 1 "retarded-sea-monkey" to level 8 "humbling-experience." Set the mode to "training" and play a game on level 1 then level 2 etc until you find the level you like. Also Chess Tiger plays with an opening book making it immune to anti-computer gambits and instant win type gambits. I find the opening game to be nice and challenging.

The on-screen display can be customized to display as little or as much extra info as possible. Once I learned the various shortcut strokes I found I didn't need the onscreen info displays so I just maximize the board. So if you want a big board, Chess Tiger is the one for you - it can fill the whole screen.

-Trotsky
    I'm suprised Bubble Shooter wasn't mentioned. I am so addicted to this game its crazy. I even placed on the charts under LeaDxPainT .
    Don't Worry It's Human Nature To Point Out The Obvious
    ANY game from http://www.electronhut.com/
    Bejeweled
    Pyramid
    Rally 1000
    Vexed 2.0
    Ababall
    "Life is what you experience between racing games"
    Galley
    AtomSmash is my favorite. However I also like bejeweled, F1 Sprint, and Froggy. However the only ones I use frequently enought to consider registering are Bejeweled and AtomSmash(already registered).
    My games change fairly frequently but I currently have installed:

Crazy 8's
    Euchre
    HexaMine
    MineHUnt
    Poker (poker square)
    Sol Free
    Spy Hunter
    Vexed
    Yahdice

I've used and enjoyed many others. And now that I look at this list I'm not playing some of them very much.
    1. Minipolis (monopoly)

2. DopeWars

dats it!!!
    Hey baby before we start do you mind if we use my M505?
    No not for that!!!!!!!!!!
    Use it to reffer to PalmaSutra, silly???????
  14.    #14  
    Originally posted by culo77
    1. Minipolis (monopoly)

2. DopeWars

dats it!!!
    A monopoly version is available for Palm OS ?!? I got to check that out. And for DopeWars, here here.
    DopeWars High Scores. Give it.

Mine: $32,739,413

I've got a pal who managed 78 mil on his third or fourth game...

I also find myself playing:
    Scorch
    TankPilot
    Car
    Blocks
    Traffic
    chessgenius

yep.
    1- Vexed
    2- Patience (multiple solitaire games)
    3- Vexed
    4- Pilomns (a sort-of Tetris-like game)
    5- Vexed
    6- Dotty
    7- Vexed

By the way did I mention Vexed?
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
  17.    #17  
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn
    DopeWars High Scores. Give it.

Mine: $32,739,413

I've got a pal who managed 78 mil on his third or fourth game...

yep.
    Noww I feel bad. My high score on DopeWars is 15 mil while a friend of mine had a score of 27 mil.

However, my Bejeweld high score is 90,560. Beat that!

Jason
  18.    #18  
    Originally posted by Yorick
    1- Vexed
    2- Patience (multiple solitaire games)
    3- Vexed
    4- Pilomns (a sort-of Tetris-like game)
    5- Vexed
    6- Dotty
    7- Vexed

By the way did I mention Vexed?
    Vexed is pretty good but I don't play it that much. Patience is also my solitaire game of choice. This thing has 15 versions of solitaire! I used to play it all the time before I actually started paying for some of my programs and started playing Bejeweled and Zap2000!, though Dope Wars is freeware.

I am suprised no one has mentioned Bubblet. I played this game all the time 6 months ago.

Jason
    oh crud i only got 8 mil on dope wars?

hey volcano lava dude, minipolis (a version of monoply) is $12.95 at www.pdatreasures.com

Its the only shareware i got. I am an monopoly freak. Plus it has the Chicago version...
    Hey baby before we start do you mind if we use my M505?
    No not for that!!!!!!!!!!
    Use it to reffer to PalmaSutra, silly???????
    Someone beamed Dopewars to me in July or so and about the 12th time I played it I got $69 million. After that I couldn't break the 10 million mark so I deleted it out of frustration.

The key is getting lucky with the cocaine.... (Wow that sounds so bad...

-trotsky
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast