1.    #1  
    Received the following in a letter from Verizon Wireless:

SMTP Shutdown

After a careful analysis of email messaging, Verizon Wireless has decided to no longer keep and maintain the SMTP Mail Relay Service.

Verizon Wireless has scheduled the SMTP Mail Relay Service to be shut down during the day of Saturday, August 29th, 2009.
    The complete message can be read here.

How will this affect the Chattermail program? Do I need to change anything?
    You need to change your SMTP server if you're using VZW's
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyHDTV View Post
    Received the following in a letter from Verizon Wireless:

The complete message can be read here.

How will this affect the Chattermail program? Do I need to change anything?
    Yeah basically if you are using Verizon's SMTP server for outgoing mail because your provider blocks outgoing from servers not their own you are screwed. Some mail providers allow it -- some don't -- will depend upon your mail provider...
    Hi

If your email service will not allow you to access their SMTP server from your phone you can always setup an account with a different service. When SPRINT dropped their email service, I set one up with VSEmail.net. I find it works well.

George
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tip10 View Post
    Yeah basically if you are using Verizon's SMTP server for outgoing mail because your provider blocks outgoing from servers not their own you are screwed. Some mail providers allow it -- some don't -- will depend upon your mail provider...
    Right. Most web hosts (mine included) have email only accounts which are relatively inexpensive and pretty full featured.
    If you have a GMail account, you set it up to use Gmail SMTP to send non-Gmail emails. If you have a Gmail account, you can set it up easily via Gmail. Gmail will need to confirm your other email.

How to use Gmail as your SMTP server - Email apps - Lifehacker
    i had the same poblem with vzw smpt. switched to smtp.com, and it works great.