1.    #1  
    Does Datebook4 support color icons?
    No more rhymes...and this time I mean it!
    It does now. If you're a registered user, you can download the latest beta, which supports color icons and has an icon editor.
    Well, sort of. The icons images themselves are one bit black and white. However, you can change the color of particular appointments. Say if you change the color to green, the text and the icon of the appointment would both be the same green.
    Originally posted by valodya
    Well, sort of. The icons images themselves are one bit black and white. However, you can change the color of particular appointments. Say if you change the color to green, the text and the icon of the appointment would both be the same green.
    The lasest beta release supports color icons and has a color icon editor. I'm looking at my Prism right now, and the icon for my American Lit is a R, W & B flag.
    Just to further clarify: DB4 now supports 10X9 pixel color icons in which each pixel can be a distinct color. It does not have to match the color of the appointment.
    Mike
    I'd rather be upside down in my kayak than rightside up at my desk.
    Where did you download the beta preview? I don't see it anywhere on Pimlico's site.

Or do you have to be on their DateBk4 mailing list? (I don't like mailing lists....)

-Trotsky
    Originally posted by Trotsky
    Or do you have to be on their DateBk4 mailing list? (I don't like mailing lists....)
    You can find the link at the yahoo group.

Actually, there's THREE yahoo groups. 1 is the general group where anybody can post & there's all kinds of bug reports and such. The 2nd is a "group" where CESD alerts you to final releases. The 3rd is a "group" where CESD alerts you to Betas. Only CESD can post to the 2nd and 3rd. I just joined all three and only set up email notification for the beta group, so I'd know when a new release comes out. You could just join the group and turn off email notication, and then check back periodically...
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I downloaded the beta but I can't seem to find icons in colors or the icon editor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks Dietrichbohn for the heads up. I had the latest maintenance release 4.0e beta, and assumed that that was the latest. After much digging around, I found the Yahoo group with link to the 4.1 beta (the Pimlico site is not the most intuitive in the world).

The color icons look great, and I had some fun tweaking them, and adding my own custom ones. But my G-d, Datebk 4.1 fills 560K! And that's without the icon editor and other ancillary files. That's a huge hit on my almost full Prism, and I'll have to consider whether the color icons and other features are worth the extra memory. I use less than half the feature of Datebk4 as it is.
    Originally posted by kstinnett
    I downloaded the beta but I can't seem to find icons in colors or the icon editor. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    There are three beta files, one is a .zip that contains everything. Find it Here
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Thanks
    Originally posted by valodya
    But my G-d, Datebk 4.1 fills 560K! And that's without the icon editor and other ancillary files. That's a huge hit on my almost full Prism, and I'll have to consider whether the color icons and other features are worth the extra memory. I use less than half the feature of Datebk4 as it is.
    Well, that's sort of the reason d'etre for Datebk4 -- whatever features you ever wanted in a PIM, they're in this puppy. However, since we all want different features... it ends up taking 1/2 a Meg.

It used to bother me some, too (I've got a VDX); but since buying a $50 FlashPlus, I've offloaded 4 Megs of stuff off onto a CF card, and Launcher III and VFSHelper make it all pretty seamless. More memory's gotten to be a much easier proposition these days.
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."