1.    #1  
    I'm a pretty new Palm developer for a Centro. Since PALM seems to be self-destructing their old Palm Developer Network (pdnet.palm.com), the PALM OS SDK can no longer be downloaded from there. (They have totally dumped the developer knowledge base). They even refuse to answer questions about it in their old forum even though several persons have asked.

Does anyone know where the latest PALM OS SDK has been posted anywhere online? (Not WebOS ... PALM OS) COULD anyone please post a most recent 5.4 or 5.6 PALM OS SDK and let us know? Just having the Garnet SDK is not sufficient to do some things.

Thanks for any interest or help!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    The PDN portal worked for me, so you might want to try it again.

If not, I have a super-secret special archive. Please download the files for offline reading, conserving bandwidth means I'm more likely to leave it up, and (for the rest of you people) please don't download them until you've tried to set up a PDN account!

Index of /palm/sdk

Shhh....

It's been about 3 years since I last looked at building things for PalmOS, please let me know if I'm missing anything. I intentionally did not include the simulators, PM me if you can't find them on the PDN.

-TC
  3.    #3  
    THANK YOU tdcrone!

Worked like charm on my Centro. Of course, bombs out the Garnet emulators and simulators. Sucks that I cannot download one from PDN, but I can #ifdef around that for the debug version. Only thing I have to figure out is how to get the SDK library paths to auto-search rather than manually added in the GARNET workbench.

You said the PDN knowledge base worked for you? When you tried the "palm os SDK' link, you didn't get a "resource unavailable" message? Well that means they are not bothering to authorize our new accounts. I can access everything at PDN except the knowledge base ... others are complaining about the same. Getting an installable download and emulators/simulators would be nice, but for my simple need this suffices.

Thanks again for the consideration!

LOL ... apparently I'm not allowed to PM since I don't have 15 posts or more to ask about a Centro simulator.
    Last edited by Mikemm2000; 08/01/2009 at 05:05 AM.
    Hello. I am also trying to upgrade to sdk 5.6. I was able to download sdk 5.6 from the Palm website, but I have a newb question. I see that the sdk does not include the standard headers, like PalmOS.h, or any lib files. The sdk I was using from the Access website (sdk 5r3) does have these files and I am able to build applications just fine.

What files or steps am I missing to use sdk 5.6 with prc-tools + cygwin?

Thanks for any help!
    Any ideas on this?
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    If not, I have a super-secret special archive. Please download the files for offline reading, conserving bandwidth means I'm more likely to leave it up, and (for the rest of you people) please don't download them until you've tried to set up a PDN account!

Shhh....

It's been about 3 years since I last looked at building things for PalmOS, please let me know if I'm missing anything. I intentionally did not include the simulators, PM me if you can't find them on the PDN.msdn

-TC
    Silently .. "Thanks for posting that !"