Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    As long time user of Treo's ive now lost all faith with Palm due to the freeze/lag problem with the Centro GSM.

So what should I buy instead?

I want something to with a keyboard and be able to read my mail, it would also be great if I was able answer incoming calls, unlike the Centro.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    I hear Blackberry is nice
    From Blackberry fans.

Frankly, if I HAD to lose the Palm, I'd probably just roll over to a WinMoHel device...unless you're willing to pay the price to become a Crackhead. Actually, if your cell co has the Bold, it might be about the best phone out there. VZW carries the Stormy and a bunch of others not equal to a Bold. Hmm, does it have a touchscreen?

ORRRRR, iphone if you're ATT.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    If E-mail is your key app, Blackberry is your machine. Blackberries rule in the E-mail domain.
    With nothing to lose since your Centro is not working to your liking, try a hard reset and run the Centro plain vanilla and see if that fixes the problems. Sometimes when I've loaded the my Palm with all kinds of software I forget just how simple and satisfying the Palm OS is to me. A hard reset let's me start over. Works for me. And it saves a bunch of money.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmHead View Post
    With nothing to lose since your Centro is not working to your liking, try a hard reset and run the Centro plain vanilla and see if that fixes the problems. Sometimes when I've loaded the my Palm with all kinds of software I forget just how simple and satisfying the Palm OS is to me. A hard reset let's me start over. Works for me. And it saves a bunch of money.
    Its not related to 3rd party software so it doesnt matter if its filled with applications or empty just after a hard reset, it will still freeze.

Please, no more suggestion on how to fix it, its not possible, the Centro GSM wont work in certain networks.
    This may be tough, but what do you want to accomplish with the device? After that, then the next step is picking the device.

If you want something that is for a business environment, a Windows Mobile device is the strongest of contenders. If you want an entertainment device, then either the iPhone or Pre. If you want an entertainment device that does more than one thing at a time, then the Pre.

I have a Sprint Touch pro and it does business things (spread sheet, word processing, Power Point, medical stuff, noise and waste of time). All of them have their quirks, pro's and con's.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Im used to the keyboard and 5-way navigation so I guess the Iphone is out, its quite big too. How are the blackberrys, can they play mp3s while you are doing other things on it?

Will consider the Pre once again, not too happy with Palm atm but I guess that could change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    As long time user of Treo's ive now lost all faith with Palm due to the freeze/lag problem with the Centro GSM.

So what should I buy instead?

I want something to with a keyboard and be able to read my mail, it would also be great if I was able answer incoming calls, unlike the Centro.
    Finally, someone who agrees with me that Centro has a freeze problem that cannot be resolved.

I"ve lost my faith in Palm too but choosing a new phone isn't easy. I have 2000+ contacts attached with lots of notes. That would be the most important thing [for me] to consider in migration. Having bought and tried microsoft outlook when I had the 500v, it falls way short and that sort of kills all phones running WM and requiring outlook on desktop.

I've hunted for alternatives to Palm desktop and options are few and disappointing. Actually I consider Palm desktop 6.2 a downgrade and I've reverted to using 4.1.4e for my centro.

I've tested Nokia PC Suite, LG supports only 1000 contacts and half the phones on the market runs WM and needs outlook for sync.

It'll be interesting to see what anyone can recommend.

Vx 650 680 500v Centro
    ok i think the blackjack 2 would be good see i got a blackjack one week ago because i didnt like the palm centro the lackjack has way better applications and better full keybard if u go to youtube and look at blackjack 2 vs blackberry the blackjack wins so u can see there is a difference
    and the mail you will have messenger aol yahoo and outlook exspress and plus the internet will have more emailing options also there is word powerpoint and excel there is a wheel so it is easyier to scrool
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Thanks for the suggestions.

Ive watched some Youtube clips of the Pre, it shure looks nice and Ive noticed that some resellers here in Europe got it on pre-order so perhaps the GSM-version is soon to be launched?

Actually getting a third replacement Centro though as support escalated the problem so im still hoping it will work. My brain says it wont work but my heart hope it will.