1.    #1  
    hey guys,

i dont frequent this forum much, but i thought i'd just pop in and ask a quick question. i was at best buy the other day, perusing some stuff, and i saw the palm m105.

have any of you seen this model? the form factor suck, imho, but i like the little window on the flipcover, and the hole to press the scroll up button. when you hit the scroll up, the time appears for 2 seconds and you can see it through the window on the flip cover

i've seen other clock hacks that pop up the time when you hit the datebook button, but so far i have yet to find one that responds to the scroll buttons, or even displays the time in the same small are that the m10x does

i am planning on modding my hard cover for my vdx to incorporate this window and button. if anyone can point me in the right direction to find such software for my visor that would be great. thanks for any help

fuzz
    I used this before it became shareware:
    http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...7&prodID=13155

I am not sure if it supports using the scroll buttons as a trigger ot not.
  3.    #3  
    wow! thank you so much. this is perfect!

fuzz
    Check out ClockPop hack. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $still$ $freeware$. $Doesn$'$t$ $let$ $you$ $use$ $the$ $scroll$ $buttons$, $but$ $you$ $can$ $set$ $any$ $of$ $the$ $hardware$ $buttons$ $as$ $a$ $trigger$.

You can even customize what's displayed to some degree.
    Originally posted by imabug
    Check out ClockPop hack. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $still$ $freeware$. $Doesn$'$t$ $let$ $you$ $use$ $the$ $scroll$ $buttons$, $but$ $you$ $can$ $set$ $any$ $of$ $the$ $hardware$ $buttons$ $as$ $a$ $trigger$.

You can even customize what's displayed to some degree.
    I guess I forgot to mention that this is what I currently use.

Yes, it is still free and can be found at:http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...7&prodID=13111

I didn't mention it because it didn't sound like quite what what he was looking for (M1xx style).
  6.    #6  
    i like pocketwatch+ better, it's more m1xx style. i installed it and within 5 minutes, i already had a window cut out of my vdx's hard cover. it's super nice.

fuzz
    i like chrono hack
    "Few women admit their age. Few men act theirs."
    "The sum of the intelligence on the planet is constant, but the population is increasing"
    "I am not a vegetarian because i love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.-- A. Whitney Brown"
  8.    #8  
    here's a pic of my quickly modded vdx

fuzz
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Originally posted by norelidd
    here's a pic of my quickly modded vdx
    Very nice. did you try and put something over that hole?
    id make the circle more circley by putting a metal chop stick on the stove till it got hot, so you could melt the plastic.
    "Few women admit their age. Few men act theirs."
    "The sum of the intelligence on the planet is constant, but the population is increasing"
    "I am not a vegetarian because i love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.-- A. Whitney Brown"
  11.    #11  
    the hole was cut out with a dremel tool in about 5 minutes, and there's a piece of a cd case covering the hole, dont worry

fuzz
    Originally posted by robert sibell
    id make the circle more circley by putting a metal chop stick on the stove till it got hot, so you could melt the plastic.
    Actually, since he's got a dremel, the best thing to do is use a sandpaper attachment with a very fine grain, that would smooth it out very nice.

I've never had home-plastic-melting event come out looking anywhere near decent.

Nice idea with the CD case, that was smart!