1.    #1  
    I'm trading my LG Vu for one or the other, but I'm not sure which one I want! I know the Centro is smaller and has a better camera [not to mention I'm a total girl and I love the pretty electric blue color..] but really, which one is better? This isn't my first smart phone but it is my first Palm product. Thanks!
    Well....it's like this: The 680 has a larger keypad, which some people find much easier to type on (as I do), and a larger screen. The Centro is more pocketable, and from what a few users have said, less prone to resets. I've been using a 680 for two years, and find it indispensable. I have tried typing on the Centro's keypad, and while I might eventually get used to it, I make many more mistakes. For me, the 680's keypad is optimal for speed and accuracy. YMMV.....

Andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-NYC View Post
    Well....it's like this: The 680 has a larger keypad, which some people find much easier to type on (as I do), and a larger screen. The Centro is more pocketable, and from what a few users have said, less prone to resets. I've been using a 680 for two years, and find it indispensable. I have tried typing on the Centro's keypad, and while I might eventually get used to it, I make many more mistakes. For me, the 680's keypad is optimal for speed and accuracy. YMMV.....

Andrew
    Thanks, that helped me also.
    You're welcome. An additional note - if it matters to you - the Centro uses a microSD card, while the 680 uses a regular SD card.
    I really like my treo 680!
    Id stick with my 680. Its a classic
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I had a chance to handle a Centro about 10 days ago. I was beaming my contact info. from my 680 to my barber's Centro.

Wow, did that thing feel like a toy. I really didn't like the feel of those rubbery plastic keys. I didn't like the "flatness" of the keyboard. I didn't like the smaller screen.

One would argue that I was just "used" to my 680, but I think I can be fairly objective about it. I didn't like the experience very much. But to be fair, I handled it for less than 2 minutes.

I'd love to have a better camera and a faster processor, but given the choice, I'd rather stick with my 680 or get a 755p.

My 2 cents . . . .
    treo 680, no doubt
    Treo 680. Screen & keyboard size, real simple.
    -- Josh
    Before I got my Treo 680, I tried a Centro. Tiny screen and keys, it felt like a toy. Glad I got my 680 instead! It is indeed a classic!
    As a phone the 680 is bulky, but as a PDA I find the screen a little small. If the Centro is smaller still I wouldn't chose it. I progressed through Palm PDAs so am used to a bigger screen.

One of my colleagues also has a 680 and he can't type on it, fingers too big, so he uses the back of the stylus to hit the keys. I can just about manage it, needs thumbnails though.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by endoftheworld View Post
    As a phone the 680 is bulky, but as a PDA I find the screen a little small. If the Centro is smaller still I wouldn't chose it. I progressed through Palm PDAs so am used to a bigger screen.

One of my colleagues also has a 680 and he can't type on it, fingers too big, so he uses the back of the stylus to hit the keys. I can just about manage it, needs thumbnails though.
    To be fair, although I said I like the Treo 680's keyboard better than the Centro's, I actually prefer to use Graffiti. The keybooard is a bit "smallish".

Although the Treo 680 does not have a scripting area, Graffiti 2 is part of the OS. To access it, I have Graffiti Anywhere installed. It makes the whole screen a scripting area with the left half for alphabetic charaters and the right half for numeric.

Like you, I have progress through a couple of PalmOS based PDAs and have become very comfortable with scripting. I find Graffiti Anywhere indispensable.