Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Does anyone know of any freeware password storing software with a desktop client as well?

thanks!
    Desktop client for what OS?

I believe STRIP has a Windows and Linux desktop applications that are developed by third parties.

As for Mac OS, I'm unaware of any freeware desktop clients.

There are a few shareware ones for Macs, but I didn't find any of them that were really that usable. I ended up using Cryptinfo, which doesn't have a desktop client.
    We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I'm sorry - for PC.

thanks
    Originally posted by homer
    I believe STRIP has a Windows and Linux desktop applications that are developed by third parties.
    Does anybody know who makes the Windows desktop application?

I have been using STRIP for about 9 months and would like to have a desktop version as well, especially if it syncs data with the handheld version!

I looked at Zetetic's website but didn't find any info ...
    Well it's not free but it's good.
    Splash ID.
    Syncs your passwords between your palm and Windows OS.
    Originally posted by ice5339
    Well it's not free but it's good.
    Splash ID.
    Syncs your passwords between your palm and Windows OS.
    One of the reasons I like STRIP is the fact that it is open source. Also, everyone in our office uses it, so we can easily beam info back & forth.

Thanks for the pointer though.
    Also in the "not free but good" category: Secret!. I've been using it for over a year, and am very happy with it.

It has a less structured interface than some (more like "encoded notepad"), but I've found that to be a help rather than a hinderance -- I can throw all sorts of stuff in, and it makes it easier to browse.

Besides the interface, I like that they're open about their security encryption algorithm -- they're not open source, but they're not using their own proprietary algorithm.

And they have a Windows desktop version -- which I quickly discovered was essential for my purposes.

But... they're pricey, particularly if you get the Windows desktop edition. However, I use both at least once a day, so it's worth it to me -- both for utility, and for peace-of-mind.
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Yaps is freeware for the palm side of things...

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...38&prodID=9923

The viewer ($9.00) is only a viewer, no editing on the desktop.

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...8&prodID=15490