1.    #1  
    After I exit Kinoma, it seems like my 755p drains the battery at the same rate as when using Kinoma. Does it stay hooked up even after exiting?

I usually reset my phone after exiting, but I find this makes me avoid using the software.

Is there a way to close the internet connection in Kinoma before exiting, or some other trick to keep it from being such a battery drain?
    It's annoying, but some programs do not disconnect your data connection when you leave the program. Staying connected means you continue to use much more battery power. At least on my GSM Centro when there are green arrows above the bars showing reception (signal strength) the data connection is active.
    To disconnect, you can either go into Preferences-->Network and press "Disconnect" or you can run a program called Network Down by MetaViewSoft. That program is available at the bottom of this page: MetaViewSoft - Other

Hope that helps.

P.S. I also tried experimenting with a freeware program titled Apt. I'm sure there's a way to get it to automatically disconnect the data connection when you close Kinoma or Web, but I haven't spent the time to really set it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meriel View Post
    After I exit Kinoma, it seems like my 755p drains the battery at the same rate as when using Kinoma. Does it stay hooked up even after exiting?
    That's determined by your phone's connection settings.

If your idle timeout is set correctly and the connection still isn't automatically closing, some other app or utility is keeping the connection open.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    You can set the idle disconnect time in Power Hero. You can also set time of day shutoff for network and every other power consuming item on your Centro. This program can really save your battery.

Shneor

Quote Originally Posted by carguy View Post
    It's annoying, but some programs do not disconnect your data connection when you leave the program. Staying connected means you continue to use much more battery power. At least on my GSM Centro when there are green arrows above the bars showing reception (signal strength) the data connection is active.
    To disconnect, you can either go into Preferences-->Network and press "Disconnect" or you can run a program called Network Down by MetaViewSoft. That program is available at the bottom of this page: MetaViewSoft - Other

Hope that helps.

P.S. I also tried experimenting with a freeware program titled Apt. I'm sure there's a way to get it to automatically disconnect the data connection when you close Kinoma or Web, but I haven't spent the time to really set it up.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  5.    #5  
    Thanks! :-)