1.    #1  
    I don't know if anybody else feels the same way (maybe I'm just oversensative) but lately it seems that every time I check PalmGear.com for new software/updates I always see something in there for Body for Life. Whoever's writing these programs keeps updating them like every week.

Maybe I'm overreacting.
    You know it's bad when your Calculus Professor uses the word "Unpossible"

"It's a long way from my thoughts to what I'll say, It's a long, long way from paradise to where I am today." -Switchfoot, Home
    Originally posted by ashmed
    I don't know if anybody else feels the same way (maybe I'm just oversensative) but lately it seems that every time I check PalmGear.com for new software/updates I always see something in there for Body for Life. Whoever's writing these programs keeps updating them like every week.

Maybe I'm overreacting.

why is that a problem?

mc
  3.    #3  
    Just kinda gets annooying to see the same software in teh updated/new section all the time..

"It's a long way from my thoughts to what I'll say, It's a long, long way from paradise to where I am today." -Switchfoot, Home
    Originally posted by ashmed
    Just kinda gets annooying to see the same software in teh updated/new section all the time..
    unless you're someone who uses that software, in which case it's great!

mc
    Originally posted by mensachicken
    why is that a problem?

mc
    A problem to some. Palmgear actually requests that software only be marked as updated when the new version or release significantly changes the application's features/usefulness. By constantly updating the software it makes it to the top of the list ( most recent updates on front page) so that there is extra exposure to the developer's site. On the other hand if there are DBs or true improvments/fixes being posted for the app, then there is justfication. It's all up to Palmgear to deem it necessary or not. I agree with your latest post.
    "The Greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance -- it is the illusion of knowledge." -- Daniel Borstin
    Originally posted by mensachicken
    unless you're someone who uses that software, in which case it's great!
    I don't know about that. Personally, I'd find having to download and reinstall programs weekly a bit much. It would suggest to me a program that is either excessively buggy, or an overzealous programmer who doesn't evaluate whether or not new features really fit into their product and how they might potentially impact the rest of it.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  7.    #7  
    I enjoy seeing updates to software I use a lot. But I enjoy getting updates that include MANY new features not just small bug fixes. I'm trying to hold to this with my own program that I have on palmgear.

I like to see updates. I don't like it when it's nothing more than a repost of the same program, which is frequently the case.

The maturity and desperation is quite obvious in some developers. Yet, I love to see updates on the software I have bought because it generally means it's a real update since so far I've only bought from more mature companies that don't post fluffy updates just to get the "new update" rank.

I check PG daily for new stuff or updates, and when I see the same stuff updated it reminds me of those companies that have such poor business they can't afford advertising so they name themselves something "Aaarrow Plumbing" so they are at the top of the yellow page listing.

If I keep seeing the same software being updated I think "here's a developer that either codes bad and has to keep fixing it or it's a developer that didn't have an idea what is product was going to be when he started and makes it up as he goes". Not the kind of message they should be sending.

If I see infrequent updates I think "here's a company that listens to it's customers and adds features appropriately, and does due dilegence for fixing the few bugs that were released"

I can be forgiving to some products if they really are useful, cool, and the developer obviously has good intentions.

Some companies however release a really stupid or ugly programs that clearly is only what that developer would call "good enough, I'm tired of working on this, I'll just post it and see if anyone wants to buy it." Just a half assed attempt to have some program up there to make money, not necessarily to be a value to a customer. These seem like the kind of companies that keep reposting their app as "updated". Since they don't put time into polishing up their program, they have to spend time marketing it :-)

my two cents

James
    Warning: I'm taking this off topic...

mrknowitall...what is that thing in your avatar? I used to have one of those...wow...that jarred some old memories stored way back in my head...
    We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
    Originally posted by homer
    Warning: I'm taking this off topic...

mrknowitall...what is that thing in your avatar? I used to have one of those...wow...that jarred some old memories stored way back in my head...
    No problem.. I'll put you back on topic by going off topic .. two posts below your first.

In short.. it is my first handheld ..and yeah it did the same thing to my head too when it came to mind.
    "The Greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance -- it is the illusion of knowledge." -- Daniel Borstin
    You ever notice Avenga doing the same thing.
    I cant see any real changes in that program.
    Since its inception it will flood palmgear, an update every couple of days. Then it disappears. Then the cycle repeats itself. I download a trial everytime and it changes little. As much as they try it remains unpopular as it is unable to pull users away from AN, and DB4.
    Yes I spend waaaaay to much time at Palmgear.
    Originally posted by ByinHi
    Y
    Yes I spend waaaaay to much time at Palmgear.
    You are not alone. I have to get my PalmGear fix every day.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    While go to PalmGear nearly every day, at least once, I am getting tired of down systems and slow loads. I have a high speed conection at work and it still seams to take forever to load.

Today I get an error message when I try to connect, and aftter hitting the reload button 2, 3, 4, 5 times, I finally get a page, but there is nothing on there but their header and right frame. Their site says "Site Design and Maintenance by DPC Group, Inc." Ithink it is time for a new maintenance company.

Outside of that, I love their site.
    Howard