1.    #1  
    Hi Folks,

just wanted to let people know that Gridlock security program (www.pdabusiness.com) has been updated and has added a few new features:

1. the grid screen now has a clock/date on the menu bar so that you don't have to enter your password to see this info. (i *really* appreciate this as i use my visor as a clock--no need to wear a watch.)

2. ability to permanently lock the unit after a set number of failed attempts to get in.

3. fixed a clash that apparently some visors were having with the software (though i never experienced the trouble on my plat.)

also, wanted to say that their customer support is top-notch. answered each of my emails in a *very* timely fashion (even at 2 in the morning!) and take customer suggestions well (i was one of the folks who suggested the clock).

if you need a security app, check it out.

mc
    I am glad to see that they fixed it for Visors... It really bunged my visor up the first time I used it. This version, on the other hand, seems to work great! I installed it last night and tortured the heck out of it without any problems. It even likes Wordsmith, which the previous version struggled with.

For a freeware app, I give it five stars (out of five). If it performs this well for another week, I think I am going to buy the full-blown version. (That is high praise, considering how cheap I am!)
    --
    ThirdMan
    How secure is this? Or, to put it another way, would this provide as much security as my current encrypted password storage program?

I really don't like the password program I'm currently using THAT much, and I've found that I really don't like most of the ones out there. I'd much rather make my own HandBase interface and use that...but, of course, that isn't secure.

However, if gridlock makes it impossible to get into my palm, then maybe this is a solution.
    We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
    Originally posted by homer
    How secure is this
    Short answer: very.
    Long answer: http://www.pdabusiness.com/gridlock/faq.html
    --
    ThirdMan
    I just tried it. I can't figure out how to lock my Visor manually, though. When I try to lock it (by swiping to do an "off and lock" for instance, it turns off and doesn't lock.
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by Rolando
    I just tried it. I can't figure out how to lock my Visor manually, though. When I try to lock it (by swiping to do an "off and lock" for instance, it turns off and doesn't lock.
    did you check the "enable gridlock" box? once checked, the unit should reset. then, whenever you shut it off it should be locked.

mc
    That part works. But I want to set the delay for an hour.

But sometimes I need to lock it now.
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by Rolando
    That part works. But I want to set the delay for an hour.

But sometimes I need to lock it now.
    not sure if it can do both. i would email the company and ask. they're customer service is excellent. if you suggest it as a feature, they may add it to the next release. i suggested the clock and they added that (sure other people did too).

they always answer quickly.

mc