1.    #1  
    I'm sure this has been answered before, but I really did search for a long time before posting. Honest.

If I am at a computer without Palm Desktop and without an SD card reader, can I transfer pictures from my Centro over either USB, IR, or Bluetooth?
    You can buy a program called called Card Reader that turns your MicroSD into a mass storage device when you connect via USB and Bluetooth for $6

Card Reader - usb mass storage solution for your Palm

My friend uses this and loves it. He recommends not using Bluetooth to transfer big (over 5 or 10 MB) file.

Joey
    Hear more talk about my Centro and other industry news, go to thecellphonejunkie.com for a great weekly cell & smartphone podcast.
    CardExport is another similar program I use. Works great for accessing your Palm as a usb device.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anontemp123 View Post
    I'm sure this has been answered before, but I really did search for a long time before posting. Honest.

If I am at a computer without Palm Desktop and without an SD card reader, can I transfer pictures from my Centro over either USB, IR, or Bluetooth?
    I use BT between my Centro and my iMac. No problems.
    You can get an adapter and use USB. Very fast using USB 2.0

Bluetooth works too, but the computer has to have bluetooth, obviously. Bluetooth adapters are cheap, but maybe not as cheap or fast as a USB adapter.
  6.    #6  
    Any review out there of CardExport vs CardReader? Thank you so much. This is almost exactly what I was looking for.

jdpuglisi, is that without Palm Desktop? I can send to another Centro over BT, but can't figure out how to transfer to a computer w/o Palm Desktop. But if you are able to, I'll keep hacking at it.

Tonylmiller, you mean a cool special super duper adapter that wil let me transfer pics without Palm Desktop? This is exactly what I'm hoping for.
    If your pics are on the microSD card, just put the card into the adapter and plug it into the computer. Easy as pie. I have 3 of the adapters. Got one with each card that I bought for our Centros.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    If your pics are on the microSD card, just put the card into the adapter and plug it into the computer. Easy as pie. I have 3 of the adapters. Got one with each card that I bought for our Centros.
    Except that he said no SD card reader.

CardExport or Cardreader is what you want anontemp123.
    Softick Card Export II for Palm OS. SD/MMC card inserted into Palm as USB mass storage drive $14.95 USD

Card Reader - usb mass storage solution for your Palm On Sale at the moment $5.95 USD
    Last edited by johncc; 07/02/2009 at 06:27 AM.
    Johncc:

You don't need a card reader. All you need is a USB port. I'm talking about an adapter from microSD to USB. Not from microSD to SD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    Johncc:

You don't need a card reader. All you need is a USB port. I'm talking about an adapter from microSD to USB. Not from microSD to SD.
    Apolgies for the misunderstanding.
    No problemo.

By the way, one of my adapters is not much larger than the microSD card, and could easily go on a keychain.
    Hi

The way I transfer my pictures to my computer is that I email them to myself. Works like a charm.

George
  13.    #13  
    Just wanted to say thank you (and thanks for clarifying, Tonylmiller.) Love the creativity and the multiple solutions to the issue. I will purchase one of the programs and also get one of those USB adapters as a backup plan. Wasn't happy with the Palm web browser so I cancelled the data plan, but the email trick didn't even pop into my head.
    Actually I usually use email for one or two pics, but I figured you had a bunch.

One good thing about the USB adapter is that it works with any computer. No need to install any software.
  15.    #15  
    Okay, the problem I am having with the microSD to USB adapter is that the Centro's SD card slot "door" is extremely flimsy. It's already come out twice now. I'm gonna stick with the Card Reader solution. Works extremely well. I wish there was a way to map the internal memory of the Centro as a drive, too.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    jdpuglisi, is that without Palm Desktop? I can send to another Centro over BT, but can't figure out how to transfer to a computer w/o Palm Desktop. But if you are able to, I'll keep hacking at it.
    correct. Works with or without the palm desktop. On my macs.
  17.    #17  
    In case anyone is interested, wanted to let you know that the Card Reader sale ends tomorrow (July 10th).
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    In case anyone is interested, wanted to let you know that the Card Reader sale ends tomorrow (July 10th).
    And Palmgear.com has it for $4.79 if you use their 20%-off coupon SUMMERSALE2009.