Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi Yall.... Just thought I'd pass on some gaming info. I'm a new intern (I got a job!) working for Sony Pictures. My fellow employees had convinced me to try this game called "The One." It's produced by Sony and at first I thought it was a perk (ya know, free games) but everyone can get it for free. So, just thought I pass it on... it's available at www.sonypictures.com/movies/theone Let me know what you guys think... or not.
    I haven't tried to download this game but it is for OS 3.5. I tried to get the free game for Rush Hour 2 and it kept crashing my visor when I tried to play it.

---S---
    Your job as intern isn't to spam discussion boards with innocent sounding posts that promote a Sony Films...or is it?

(Yea, I'm a bit cynical, but considering the 'fake review' scandal that Sony had a few months back, I wouldn't put anything past them...)
    We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
    Your job as intern isn't to spam discussion boards with innocent sounding posts that promote a Sony Films...or is it?
    Well, given that their profile says that this is their only post and that they registered today, it seems a preyy good bet.
    Jeff
    I saw it on palmgear, so i installed it on my prism.
    I wouldnt call it a game. It reminds me of the WAP
    based games on my cellphone. All you do is select
    your attack, press button, select your defense, press
    button, ....

Sony's site shows it as a color game, but its shows
    up gray scale on my prism.
    Well i downloaded it and its so booty my visor edge began to talk and it said "your a stupid f*%$ idoit for downloading a game from a just registered spamer" my Edge also said "i will not turn back on till you delete it"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You guys need to chill out. I downloaded the game and played it for about an hour and a half. It's in full color on my Prism. It's a fun, simple game to play. It keeps you occupied while you're waiting to do other things.

And besides...who cares if he's "spamming" the forums? It's a piece of software right? This is the "Software" forum right?

So shut the heck up.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Just to add some evidence that this is probably an advertising ploy:

I was slightly interested in the game, but now I'm definitely not going to d/l it.

http://discussion.brighthand.com/sho...399#post198399
    I downloaded it, played for about five minutes, and then deleted it because I thought it sucked.
    And besides...who cares if he's "spamming" the forums? It's a piece of software right? This is the "Software" forum right?

So shut the heck up.
    People have a legitimate complaint when companies behave this way. It's not lying, but it's also not the full truth.

When companies behave this way, they insult the intelligence of the consumer and take advantage of those that do not know better.

Had the original poster said "I work for sony. We've developed some Palm OS games to promote our movies. We'd appreciate feedback." they'd not only have a much better response from users of this forum, but they'd also would gain a LOT more trust and respect from the community.

This IS a community. One should get to know the people before dishing out their Amway sales pitch.

Have you ever been in a book store and have some nice person begin talking with you only to find out that 10 minutes into the conversation they are an Amway salesperson? You want to punch A$$holes like that. This is the same thing.

This, of course, doesn't excuse Sony's scam at making up movie reviews, but that's another issue...
    -David Byrne
    Alright... like I said, I did get an internship working for Sony Pictures... but that doesn't mean that part of the job is to jump on this message board for the sole reason to tell them about my first week. Sure I guess it does promote the company I work for... but not fueled by that Mr. yellow. Have you been burned before? I'll assume so since you can't take a tip from someone who was only excited to play a game for free, and thought other people could benefit from my findings. I'll let you settle your inner conflicts on your own, but hope that you can see this for what it is... a tip. Laters... and no skin off my back.
    The above is PurpleMonkey's response to the very same critiques that we are giving him that those on the brighthand board were giving him/her:

http://discussion.brighthand.com/sho...399#post198399

Just an FYI...
    -David Byrne
    Oh...and I suppose I should respond to PurpleMonkey...

I will believe your above rebuttal if and only if you can convince me that this game was so great that you immedietly felt the need to take the time to go to multiple Palm OS discussion boards that you had NOT been a member of previously, registered for said sites, and then cut-and-paste your message to all of them.

Your reply is more insulting than your original spam.
    -David Byrne
    Originally posted by homer
    I will believe your above rebuttal if and only if you can convince me that this game was so great that you immedietly felt the need to take the time to go to multiple Palm OS discussion boards that you had NOT been a member of previously, registered for said sites, and then cut-and-paste your message to all of them.
    That's exactally what I thought. The game is just a bunch of advertising fluff wrapped into a really bad game.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Given that Purplemonkey actually replied at brighthand, I thought I'd do some more investigating,

http://www2.pdabuzz.com/Forums/showt...threadid=25629

http://www.palminfocenter.com/forum/...Title=Software

I think I'm starting to see a pattern here. Does purplemonkey *really* like this games that much? All registered in oct. Only has posted about this game. Has glowing reviews everytime. At least at pdabuzz s/he didn't start the thread...

Either this is a newbie convinced that theone is this absolutely amazing game for the palm and must tell *everyone* with a 12 yearold mentality (ok, that's just being spiteful) or it is a really bad marketing ploy by sony.

and I'm thinking either is Just as likely and equally annoying.

I have to admit that I haven't played the game yet, but with all the talk about the uninstallable conduit, I'm not risking it. I was very disappointed with that stupid nike kick the can game. I'm sure this is worse.

Now i'm going to kick myself for wasting so much time on this post.. (stupidstupidstupid)

lates
    The ridiculous thing is, is that if it's meant to promote the movie, it's not going to do a very good job. I would think that Sony could make it look better or do more....
    The ridiculous thing is, is that if it's meant to promote the movie, it's not going to do a very good job.
    The ironic thing is that even though this was blatant underhanded spamming of message boards, it works...as we're all talking about it.
    -David Byrne
    i played it for five minutes and was bored out of my mind. deleted it. however, i can't get the damn thing out of my hotsync manager! arggh!

mc
    Originally posted by homer

The ironic thing is that even though this was blatant underhanded spamming of message boards, it works...as we're all talking about it.
    I was just about to say the same thing...well, in my own words of course.
    Well, apparently I'm the only one that likes the game. I think that it's cool. It's a good idea to promote the movie. I've never seen anyone else doing it. Plus it's free.
  20.    #20  
    No Homer... but I ain't mad at ya... it is a completly respectable concern. I haven't even seen the movie yet (if it's out). Not a big fan of Mr. Li either, just thought I'd pass some info along.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast