1.    #1  
    I want one, the question is which one? Or is there something else I should consider?

Are they pretty similar? Can both do relational databases? Which one has better desktop software? Which one has more programs (freeware) available for it?
    No more rhymes...and this time I mean it!
    This won't answer all the questions you've asked, but I did a comparison of the two several months ago -- you might want to take a look at that.

I went with ThinkDB, but I think they're both good products.
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    I went with HanDBase because of the import/export capabilities with QuickSheet. I also sprung for the HanDBase/Access conduit which works well for converting my HanDBase business databases to Access. I don't use Print Boy, so I convert the QuickSheets to HanDBase to print records directly from my VDX with Palm Print. For big jobs, I print from desktop. I like the integration of spreadsheet, word processor and database that QuickOffice and HanDBase have forged. I anxiously await a better email integration than MultiMail (glitchy and html viewing impaired). Just my $0.02.
    I should add, the evaluation I wrote was from last summer. A number of features have been added to HandDBase and ThinkDB both since then.
    Jeff Meyer

I use ThinkDB. I haven't tried HandDBase but I can saythat ThinkDB does everything I need it to do. I especially like the multiple view setup because I have almost 25 fields in one of my databases so I can now split it up. I also use the views feature so I can have one that is filtered automatically.

Jason
    I use ThinkDB. Both programs are relational. I think ThinkDB is a little easier to use and it uses forms. But that comes with a cost (It's very large 450+ K). Most of the free software/databases are great starting points. I found that I was changing them to fit my needs more than not.
    "We are the people are parents warned us about."

<b>Clark Fralick</b>
    i went with handbase because their tech support wrote me back in a timely fashion. thinkdb's tech support didn't bother to write me back at all.

mc
    Originally posted by mensachicken
    i went with handbase because their tech support wrote me back in a timely fashion. thinkdb's tech support didn't bother to write me back at all.
    mc
    I should have mentioned (maybe I did in the previous review) that ThinkDB's support has a spotty reputation (though I haven't used it myself.) I will say that their documentation is improving considerably, particularly for the DBSync application.

The only place I found for getting good answers about ThinkDB was heading over to the Yahoo Group for ThinkDB. Found a lot of answers there that I never found anywhere else, and was basically able to move my 500+ record relational database over to ThinkDB because of it.
    Jeff Meyer

In defence of thinkdb's support, they were the only company to (repeatedly) respond to my pre-purchase questions within 24hrs.

As I needed a palm db product that would allow multiple users to sync to user-defined queries, I needed to make sure that the product I chose could do that. ThinkingBytes won hands down simply through the help I got from their support.

One negative was that their website double charged my credit card - however, as soon as I spotted it on the bill, they credited the money back immediately.

I also had to manually recreate my sync configurations when I got a new pc. Should have read the manual as the new version (2.5) allows you to define the location of the configuration files - great for a networked solution.
    Just to throw a small monkey wrench in, I really like Handmark's MobileDB. I find it well-supported, easy to use, inexpensive, and just an over-all good program.