1.    #1  
    I recently got a 755p and started looking for an e-mail app that supported IMAP IDLE. I eventually found and installed Chatteremail, excellent program. My trial period hasn't expired yet, but I know I want to keep it so I decide to register it. Well, this outstanding piece of software has been EOLed. Even if it were still available I found out you need a hotsync ID to register it, I don't have one. Since I use Ubuntu it doesn't look like I will be able to get one either. This is crazy I finally found an e-mail program that works the way I want it to and I can only use it for 30 days. I tried Agendus, didn't like it. I was going to try SnapperMail but it doesn't appear to support IDLE and it's 60 bucks! Holy cow, 60 bucks for an e-mail client? I know the non IMAP compatible versions are cheaper.

Can anyone recommend an e-mail client that supports IMAP IDLE? I can't believe Chatteremail is the ONLY one out there. I haven't found one yet, not for lack of trying however.

By the way I love my 755p, I upgraded from the 800w (I hated WinMo) that I bought last September. I went for the 800w because at the time it was the latest and greatest. A friend of mine got a 755p and my wife got a Centro the same time I got the 800w. After the first few weeks of comparing the 3 phones I realized I screwed up.

I have finally smartened up but I need help finding an e-mail app that works the way I want or a way to purchase Chatteremail before my trial runs out.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo_fan66 View Post
    I recently got a 755p and started looking for an e-mail app that supported IMAP IDLE. I eventually found and installed Chatteremail, excellent program. My trial period hasn't expired yet, but I know I want to keep it so I decide to register it. Well, this outstanding piece of software has been EOLed. Even if it were still available I found out you need a hotsync ID to register it, I don't have one. Since I use Ubuntu it doesn't look like I will be able to get one either. This is crazy I finally found an e-mail program that works the way I want it to and I can only use it for 30 days. I tried Agendus, didn't like it. I was going to try SnapperMail but it doesn't appear to support IDLE and it's 60 bucks! Holy cow, 60 bucks for an e-mail client? I know the non IMAP compatible versions are cheaper.

Can anyone recommend an e-mail client that supports IMAP IDLE? I can't believe Chatteremail is the ONLY one out there. I haven't found one yet, not for lack of trying however.

By the way I love my 755p, I upgraded from the 800w (I hated WinMo) that I bought last September. I went for the 800w because at the time it was the latest and greatest. A friend of mine got a 755p and my wife got a Centro the same time I got the 800w. After the first few weeks of comparing the 3 phones I realized I screwed up.

I have finally smartened up but I need help finding an e-mail app that works the way I want or a way to purchase Chatteremail before my trial runs out.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

ChatterEmail is probably the best bang for the buck for your 755p, and I doubt you can find anything better. I have both Chatter and Snappermail, and Chatter has always been my primary app for its push ability on my own 755p. The only small advantage I like about SnapperEmail is that I like its interface better for downloading and uploading attachment files. But Chatter can also do attachments too, I simply like Snapper better for doing attachments. Nowadays, I have the new Pre, so I'm trying to get used to everything Pre, including email. So far, all is running well, and the Pre also does "push" email too with my AOL account, so no major complaints.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Hi TF66

Chatter is the best there is but I think you've found that it is a victim of the death of the Palm OS. Chatter was purchased by Palm a couple of years ago and abandoned a couple of months back. There may be someone out there smart enough to know how to make it work, but not me. Good luck. I am counting down the days until my contract is up so I can afford a Pre. I'll miss Chatter a lot though.
    I wonder if the more expensive version of SnapperMail does? Hmm other chat: TreoCentral.com > Palm OS Software > Palm OS Communication
    > Compare Chatteremail, Snappermail, and Sprint Email Application