Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by Aardvark
    There's got to be something you'd like to see...
    I'd like to see about a thousand of the things my Newton 2100 could do. Here's a few that I can think of of the top of my head:

• A web browser that can install apps. I'd love to be able to pop into mapopolis.com and download a map on demand with Blazer or some such. I could do it on my Newt.
    • A good outline program, similar to the outliner built into the Newton Note Pad. This is probably out there somewhere. I just haven't found it yet.
    • Dashboard, http://www.fivespeed.com but that would require a PalmOS device with a software driven silk screen area. I've got an Edge.

It's 1am now and that's all I can think of, but not a day goes by when I wish my Edge could do something that my Newton could, like run two apps at once, or have a damned clock allways visable, or record sound, or rotate it's screen, or recognize handwriting, or serve web pages, ad infinitum.
    I would like to have (voice synthesis) software which can read my current ToDo's and Appointments to me aloud while I do something else. This could also be useful listening to e-books while driving. I realize that due to the limitations of the built-in speaker this may require a Springboard module.
    Originally posted by vflopez
    I would like to have (voice synthesis) software which can read my current ToDo's and Appointments to me aloud while I do something else. This could also be useful listening to e-books while driving. I realize that due to the limitations of the built-in speaker this may require a Springboard module.
    Damn! That's another thing my Newton could do.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12