1.    #1  
    Should i buy silverscreen is it actualy worth it?
    Originally posted by culo77
    Should i buy silverscreen is it actualy worth it?
    that kinda depends. I found it perfect until I really started demaning more from my visor. it is SLOW!! Especially if you're using a VFS memory expansion solution. I prefer Launcher III, not as pretty (although you now can have colored tabs!), but it packs more on the screen than anybody else and it doesn't force a refresh scan every time you return to it.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I find the following problems:

* Very slow when you activate VFS. Everytime you insert an external memory such as CompactFlash or SmartMedia and I activate VFS, it seems they scan the entire card and which is very slow. After that, it has good speed.

* When you insert Flash Module, it does not keep the program in the category. If you move the programs into a category you prefered, after removing and reinserting the same Flash Module, it lost track of the category. I just wish they keep track of the category. How tough can that be?

Just my 2 cents.
    I deleted it from my PRISM after noticing an extreme battery drain. It is slow most of the time when returning to Home.

Other than that I think it is a nice intreface and looks a lot like Mac OSX. I'll probably reinstall it from fime to time.

Are my battery experiences real of imagined? Is it a true reading of the LiON battery status in the PRISM?
    I LOVE this application. It's a bit slow. But I have AfterBurner on my Prism with VFSHelper and a 64 MB CF card. I speed up the built in launcher and SilverScreen to 54 MHz (max speed) and it makes a big difference. Since the battery is rechargeable and I keep it connected to the power supply at home and work (I bought a USB hotsync-charger cable and an adapter which allows me to plug the Prism into the AC cord), I don't know much about the battery drain.
    My 2 cents:

Silverscreen looks beautiful, but is real CPU intensive and thus slows the PDA down. If working together with VFS it's better to use Launcher III (mayB VIP version), which is faster and has VFS support.
  7.    #7  
    I guess i am not gonna go with it. I am already down 846k left and cant delet anything else. and i really dont want to slow down my edge.

thanks eveyone for the input
    Originally posted by culo77
    I guess i am not gonna go with it. I am already down 846k left and cant delet anything else. and i really dont want to slow down my edge.

thanks eveyone for the input
    With an edge, I'm guess you're not using expansion hardware. In that case, SS is still slow, but not horribly so. Were I not using a CF card adapter, I would probably give it another go.

With only 846k left, however, I'd also probably just leave well enough alone!