Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Hello,

I just got an ATT branded Treo 680. After the initial charge I turned the unit on with out the SIM and all seemed to work fine. I did an initial sync and all was still fine. Then I noticed that it was off and not turn on. I pulled the battery and put it back in and the Palm screen with the black bar comes up and when the black bar gets all the way to the right the screen goes off and the red charging light goes on at about 50% brightness.

I've tried numerous times pulling the battery out and in. I also tried a hard reset and it will not get past what I described above. I've let the phone sit without a battery for 15 minutes and tried again but no difference. I currently have it on the charger and will try it again in a little bit. Oh I also tried with a SIM chip installed and no difference.

Anybody have any idea what's going on and how to get the phone working again.
    Not sure if this will help but I had the same symptoms and the problem was a bad battery. The frustrating thing was when I checked the battery all the readings were fine so I thought I'd ruled it out, but after trying everything else I swapped the battery and problem solved.
    Hope it is this easy.
    Marc
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    It was the battery. I got a replacement and the phone works fine now.