1.    #1  
    I noticed today that Eruptor.com, home of 'Little Angel' and the 'Porta...' series (monkey, fish, Bush, etc.) has closed.

So... I was going to load the monkey and fish. I can still get them at other software sites, but they are crippled without codes- and I have no idea what the status of the codes are in a situation like this. Is the software dead, or does it enter some sort of freeware gray zone? (Like- you can have it if you can get the codes?)

Thanks for any ideas.

By the way- anyone have any idea of the same sort of fate has befallen 'Trivia Mania', or other programs?
    All those little Palm toys were actually made by Minor Demons.
    So, if you go somewhere like PalmGear, you should still be able to buy the code(s).
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Yorick!

(And wasn't that 'cry havock' actually a Star Trek movie quote? )
    Originally posted by Madkins007
    Thanks Yorick!

(And wasn't that 'cry havock' actually a Star Trek movie quote? )
    Yes, a 16th century English playwright was influenced by a twentieth-century science fiction allegory.

I humbly beseech thee, sir, to spare me Klingons who think the Bard came from their planet.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
  5.    #5  
    LOL! Ah, I can see it now- Star Trek 12: Romeo and Juliet!

Actually, Star Trek included, in one way or another, a lot of Shakespeare, didn't it?

The Klingon general spouting the 'Cry havoc' quote, the episode of the original with the acting troupe, assorted quotes thrown out by bridge crew.
    Originally posted by Madkins007
    LOL! Ah, I can see it now- Star Trek 12: Romeo and Juliet!
    How about "William Shakespeare's Star Trek The Motion Picture"?
    "Forsooth, V'Ger, prithee tell us where you come from?"

Actually, Star Trek included, in one way or another, a lot of Shakespeare, didn't it?

yes, especially on the old series where they had science-fiction writers coming up with stories, instead of television writers who do science fiction ... this is why interesting Trek stories have gone the way of the dodo in the last few years, most of Voyager's time-travel stuff excepted.

assorted quotes thrown out by bridge crew.
    "'Hip, Hip, hoorah,' and I believe it's pronounced, 'Tally-ho.'"
    hmm, no, I guess that doesn't count.
  7.    #7  
    ROTFL!
    Originally posted by Yorick
    [B]Originally posted by Madkins007
    Indeed. The ST:TOS episode "The Conscience of the King" was about an interstellar Shakespearean troupe.

And it wasn't just Trek. The classic movie FORBIDDEN PLANET obtained its plot by re-writing Shakespeare's The Tempest.
    --
    SURREAL SAGE SEZ: The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.
    Originally posted by Winchell
    The classic movie FORBIDDEN PLANET obtained its plot by re-writing Shakespeare's The Tempest.
    plus, the Trek episode "Requiem for Methuselah" was essentially a rewrite of Forbidden Planet.