Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    $1.99 each. FRYS.com*|*Palm

The Fry's description does not specify Centro in the compatibility list. However this is the car charger for a a Centro, I've bought these from Palm in the past and this is the same model number.

I think the low price is because this style of car charger is not on Palm's website anymore, and is being phased out (and replaced with this). Probably why Fry's is dumping them for $2 apiece. This used to be Palm's item # 2174410, (and they listed at $30).

Who doesn't need an extra, you can get 2 including shipping for about $10.50. This is also compatible with a Treo 650, 680, 700, 750 and the TX.

For anyone who doesn't know Fry's, they're very legit. And if you happen to live near one of their massive b&m stores, lucky you.
    Last edited by Miner; 06/19/2009 at 10:43 AM. Reason: chg title
    Nice, thanks a 1,000,000!

Or more accurately, thanks 36 because I was literally today just about to order two at $20 each from another online vendor and feel a little good about it because they cost $30 each in the store.

Unfortunately this item doesn't seem available for in-store pickup when I placed my order, a bummer because there's a Fry's about 2 miles from my house and yes their massive B&M stores are flat out amazing if you're a geek. Imagine a place the size of a Wal-Mart but all electronics type stuff, and with prices cheaper than Best Buy and way more specialized stuff. For example, they have a whole aisle of oscilloscopes.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Miner View Post
    $1.99 each. FRYS.com*|*Palm

The Fry's description does not specify Centro in the compatibility list. However this is the car charger for a a Centro, I've bought these from Palm in the past and this is the same model number.

I think the low price is because this style of car charger is not on Palm's website anymore, and is being phased out (and replaced with this). Probably why Fry's is dumping them for $2 apiece. This used to be Palm's item # 2174410, (and they listed at $30).

Who doesn't need an extra, you can get 2 including shipping for about $10.50. This is also compatible with a Treo 650, 680, 700, 750 and the TX.

For anyone who doesn't know Fry's, they're very legit. And if you happen to live near one of their massive b&m stores, lucky you.
    Thanks for the tip!

I ordered this yesterday at around noon eastern time with standard ground shipping. I was shocked to see that the package was waiting for me TODAY when I got home!!

The packaging says SKU-3173WWZ

Compatible with TX, LifeDrice, Tungsten E2,T5, Treo 650, 680, 700, 750.

No mention of the Centro.
    I hope it works...
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    I'm surprised there's so little interest in these.

You can get two of these shipped to your doorstep for under $10, and they're original Palm brand, not third party.

Quote Originally Posted by VTTQU View Post
    The packaging says SKU-3173WWZ

Compatible with TX, LifeDrive, Tungsten E2,T5, Treo 650, 680, 700, 750.

No mention of the Centro.
    I hope it works...
    It works. It's standard Palm Multi Connector, see here if any doubt, ... or note the SKU here.

I've ordered several of these from the Palm website in the last 12 months. It is odd that the packaging didn't mention Centro. That is the SKU # I got, and it works in all the Palm devices that accept that power connection.
    Last edited by Miner; 06/21/2009 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Palm Multi Connector/SKU
    UPDATE: Fry's claims to be out of stock until further notice. I missed the boat by a day apparently and did not get any.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    I snagged three of them, hard to pass up that kind of bargain at $2 apiece.

Fry's was probably clearing them out, but it wouldn't hurt to watch their site for a few days to see if any more stock turns up.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Miner View Post
    Fry's was probably clearing them out.
    The packaging on mine was dusty and the printed text had a copyright date of 2006!
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    I looked at mine, and yes, a thin cover of dust, and a date 09/06. That's why the Cengtro isn't listed on the packaging.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Bump, these are back again for $1.99, FRYS.com | Palm
    Thanks! Just ordered two. Very timely. Recently bought this exact same one used off Amazon and it was completely dead on arrival. Before that, bought an OEM charger (apparently Verizon, but it didn't say Verizon on it) off Amazon and it felt like it would break the Centro when unplugging.
    Bad news:

Thank you for your order. We apologize but the item(s) you
    ordered are currently out of stock and we are unable to provide
    a definite ship date at this time. However, we continually
    receive new merchandise in our warehouse and we hope to fulfill
    your order within the next thirty days or sooner if possible.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    They're back, been listed as "In stock, same day shipping" for a few days now.