1.    #1  
    I have just upgraded to an Edge (2 days too early for the Docs to go Rebate--sigh...) although I really wanted the M505 for both the form factor and color. Couldn't justify the addtional $140, though. One of the things I contented myself with was that I could at least see images in 4 bit grayscale. However, the most common images I get to see are from Avantgo... Reuters for example.
    I set the Edge's Avantgo prefs to 16 bit images, but I still get the crummy 2 bit images after sync. What gives? How do I get 4 bit grayscale images from Avantgo? Yes I do have version 4.0.941
    Originally posted by ckrupsha
    I have just upgraded to an Edge
    [...]
    I set the Edge's Avantgo prefs to 16 bit images, but I still get the crummy 2 bit images after sync.
    I do not know what is sufficient to solve this problem, but I understand that the following works:
    • De-install Avantgo from your desktop.
    • De-install Avantgo from your handheld. This includes: Avantgo, libmal, and AG Connect (or MobileLink).
    • Re-install Avantgo.
    Apparently there is some device information which is stored on your handheld or with at Avantgo, the specified the bit depth of images to download. This information however is for your older device. A complete de-install and reinstall resets this information. The setting in the preferences that you referenced is for when online. It does not affect the offline images.
  3.    #3  
    Ahhhh, that makes sense. I transferred data to the edge via the backup module. I will try your idea right away!
  4.    #4  
    Worked like a charm! Thangs again!