1.    #1  
    Trying to put a Centro on PagePlus, it works for voice, probably for text. But it appears that the Network config page is locked down and uneditable -- its set for Broadband Access.

This is a Verizon Centro...

1) Is there anyway to change the network parameters of this Centro, preferably back to the old PalmOS Network page where you can tell it to dial out to an analog modem? (the way a Treo 600 or 650 can)...

2) Is the Sprint Centro any different?
    I believe only the default Broadband Access connection should be locked. If you hit the menu button, you should be able to create a new connection that will not be locked. If you want to change the settings for the locked connection, you can enter the MSL (which for Verizon is 000000).
  3.    #3  
    Thanks... that helps...
    still doesn't work (yet), but at least I can create a suitable Network connection...

BTW, on the Connection page...

what's the difference between a Virtual Modem, and a Standard Modem/Wireless Modem ?
    Last edited by neurocutie; 06/18/2009 at 01:45 PM.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I have a Verizon Centro on PagePlus. It has data access - of course it is billed at $1.20/MB
    No special configuration or set-up was required on the Centro, but you may need to ask PP to make sure that data is enabled on your account.
  5.    #5  
    I'm trying to get the FREE data on PP working, just as it apparently works for the Treo 600 and 650... it requires the Centro to dialout to an analog modem/freeISP.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neurocutie View Post
    I'm trying to get the FREE data on PP working, just as it apparently works for the Treo 600 and 650... it requires the Centro to dialout to an analog modem/freeISP.
    From what I have seen over at HowardForums no one has gotten that to work on a Centro.

Please do let us know if you get it working.
    Last edited by VTTQU; 06/18/2009 at 08:48 PM. Reason: typos
  7.    #7  
    After trying a bit, then hunting around the Internet for clues, I decided to give up (at least for now). I posted on HoFo as to why, but the short version is...
    ===
    ...reading this post from Conklin Systems, makers of CS Fax, who have extensive experience trying to get dialout to work on PalmOS and obviously have a commercial interest to be successful, has discouraged me enough to stop trying at least for now... (too bad)...

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:35 am
    Unfortunately, the last Centro update did not fix the issue with the device. The Centro simply refuses to dial the modem. Without that, there is no possibility of fax. Not just for CS Fax, but CS Online and anything else that uses the modem port.
    About the only thing you can do at this point is contact Palm support and say "I can't dial the wireless modem - it never connects." If enough people contact Palm they may do something about it.
    There's nothing technically wrong with the Centro; internally it looks almost identical to a 700/755. But somewhere along the line they made a firmware change that prevents it from dialing.