Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Does anyone use this, or have you purchased & installed this?

If yes, did the 10,000 foods database install initially?

I bought this recently (from PocketGear/Palmgear, and ended up getting links for installs for ver 7.0, that's a whole 'nother story). The v8.0 installs they sent me (desktop and Palm device) install only the program shell, no food items in the database.

The UI opens, and the food Group and Categories are present, bu there are no food items in any of the categories. I'd have to basically create my own, for everything, to use this! The documentation and instructions say the foods are supposed to be there, and an import command looks for a CSV file. But I can find no such file. Any ideas where it installs to, or where to get it?
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    When I installed it all of the food items were there. Make sure you are installing version 8. In the previous versions they had two apps, one for logging stuff and the other was the food database. You still installed it from one file though so i have no idea why you are having this problem.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Well, I installed the desktop only component on a clean system, and the food items were there. Now have to get them on main PC and into the device.

Also got curious how many items were included. Exported them, opened in Excel, and I see just a little over 6000 rows. So now I'm wondering why they say 10,000 food items in the database.
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    Good question. I never bothered to count.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Found a great mobile site to go along with this.

Nutrition information for foods at brand name restaurants, including fast food chains:

The Daily Plate - Mobile Edition
    Mine installed everything too. Didn't even notice the food database option was gone from my palm!

I just exported and have 6070, that's with at least 18 personal items (favorites, not counting any new items added to the proper catagory)

Maybe we all can share our own add on's, personal foods to enlarge our databases?

Thanks for the link, I'll give it a try. About.com has some calorie counter info too, I just didn't find it palm friendly (the daily tracker anyway) don't recall the link off hand (fresh computer reset )

Bryan
    Attached Files Attached Files