1.    #1  
    Has anyone found info about Blazer on the Sprint site? from the article on Visorcentral, it looks like current customers will get Blazer free? I use my sprint service and phone to conect on my prism, and would love to get blazer free!!! I just didn't think I did enough web surfing to justify buying it. I've checked the sprint site, but can't find anything about it. Anyone else know anything??? I'll just keep waiting...
    The only mention of this offer was found in their Media Center section of the Sprint PCS website.

I sent an email to customer care and received this automated response, "Customer Care will respond to your request via e-mail. Due to overwhelming response to our current offers we are experiencing high volumes. Response time is approximately 5 days."

The wait begins...
    It's been two weeks since my inquiry, and here's the response I received...
    Hello,

I understand that you would like to know where you can locate the link
    to download the software.

Your issue is technical in nature. To best serve your needs, you will
    need to contact our Technical Support Team at 1-888-298-0756.

We apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

Sprint PCS is committed to providing high quality, responsive service
    to our customers at all times.

Please revisit our web site's Case Manager if you have additional
    questions or comments through the link below.

http://www.sprintpcs.com/manage/manage_actual.asp

Thank you for contacting Sprint PCS.

Barbara C.
    eCare
  4.    #4  
    I got the same response from them! I haven't pursued any further because its my understanding that the new version of Blazer is not out yet (2.0)- just in beta version. I figure Sprint might be waiting for the official new version. So I thought I would search further after the new version is officially released.
    If you login to your SprintPCS account @ http://e15.sprintpcs.com/manage. There is a link on the Welcome page titled " Handspring Blazer browser now available for download" Click it and then scroll to the bottom, Click continue and it will take you to the download page. Enjoy.
    Sprint's website says: "If you have.....Handspring Visor with Sprint PCS Digital Link...click here to download Handspring Blazer for Sprint PCS. " I'm not sure what the "digital link" is.

I've been connecting via a cable from my Prism to my SCH-8500 and using Avantgo as my net connection. Does that mean I already have the "digtal link"?

Thanks!

Sue
    Originally posted by Sue B
    I've been connecting via a cable from my Prism to my SCH-8500 and using Avantgo as my net connection. Does that mean I already have the "digtal link"?
    Nope. The Digital Link is the CDMA version of the Visorphone. You can spend a @#$load of cash and get one that will work with your current Sprint Account. But if you're happy with your current setup, just ignore it.

here's the link
    Sue B, in case it's not clear, you can download Blazer from Sprint even if you don't have digital link, and it works with the cell phone+Visor+cable combo; that's what I'm doing (actually, I'm now using Blazer 2.0 beta, currently available for free from Handspring).
    the link on the sprint web site for Blazer 2.0 has a typo. this is the link to download the software:

http://205.137.195.84/servlet/Selectpage

the link that is found on the sprint site has an extra digit in the IP number, which leads to NOWHERE and evertually errors out. I won't even speculate why Sprint would circulate a report to their tech support people explaining a workaround rather than just fix the link.

As a frustration bonus to all you Mac-using Blazer 2.0 wannabes: the software is a frickin .EXE file (!) (i.e. a Windows executable file), rather than a .zip. So, unless you have access to a PC you're out of luck (just like me).

cheers!
    Last edited by Splendid; 12/07/2002 at 07:53 PM.
    As a frustration bonus to all you Mac-using Blazer 2.0 wannabes: the software is a frickin .EXE file (!)
    It's still a zip file. Drop the .exe on stuffit expander. Worked great for me.
    Thank you so much for posting the correct Sprint link to download Blazer 2.0. I have been trying the link listed on my sprintpcs.com homepage for a week to no avail. How crazy of a mistake.

You have put an end to my frustration.

Thanks,

Keith