1.    #1  
    Do you register your shareware on your Palm? I so far have only registered WordSmith. After X-Mas I plan on using some or all extra money to register AtomSmash, Bejeweled, and a Pocket Express entertainment pack. I also may purchase QuickSheet if I get a Stowaway.
    Sometimes, but only if I can try before I buy.
    If I'm using an app, I register it as soon as money allows. I figure it's my little part in keeping the PalmOS dominant in the market.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by dampeoples
    Sometimes, but only if I can try before I buy.
    Shareware is software you try before you buy.
    Shareware is software you try before you buy.
    Not neccesarily. Some shareware is crippled so badly in its demo version that it does not allow a user to adequately try out its features. Generally, software using the "crippleware" paradigm do not sell very well as compared to their "time/instance limited" shareware brethren.

-Trotsky
    I've spent waaay too much money.
    • ActionNames Datebook
    • Clock+
    • MLB 2001 schedules
    • UltraSoft Money
    • SimpleSketch
    • ThinkDB 2
    • WordSmith
    • Ababall
    • Electron Hut's FreeCell
    • Electron Hut's Klondike
    • Electron Hut's Vegas Video Slots
    • Electron Hut's Vegas Video Poker
    • Electron Hut's Vegas Blackjack
    • PocketGammon

I got Horse Race for free for being a beta tester. It's sweet!
    http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...5&prodID=29346
    "Life is what you experience between racing games"
    Galley
    I've only reg'ed Wordsmith, but I plan to buy Blazer when the beta period ends.
    I register shareware that i try and find useful enough to keep around (as $ allows of course). So far I"ve bought Quickoffice , PocketQuicken, Hackmater, Afterburner, Bubblet and Bejeweled.

Other things on my list for future purchases are RPN, Launcher III and ThinkDB.

Considering the price and quality of much of the software you find for PalmOS, you get an extraordinarly good value. That's been my experience so far with the software I've tried.
    -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
    Version: 3.12
    GS d-(+) s: a C++ UX++++V++S++ P+>+++ L>+++ E+>++ W++ N++(+++) o? K? w !O !M V-- PS PE Y+ PGP++ t++ 5++ X++ R+ tv++ b++(+++) DI++++ D+ G++ e+++>++++ h--- r+++ y?
    -----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
    Originally posted by Galley_SimRacer
    I've spent waaay too much money.
    • ActionNames Datebook
    • Clock+
    • MLB 2001 schedules
    • list tuncated

I got Horse Race for free for being a beta tester. It's sweet!
    http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...5&prodID=29346
    Same here man:

• 4.0Student (without the Internet Service)
      BugMe! Messenger
      DateBk4
      gMovie (upgrade from the 1.0 that came with MemPlug SM)
      Pocket Quicken
      Print Boy
      InStep Print
      ThinkDB 2.5
      Bejeweled
      Astraware GamePak (Zap!2000, Fire!, Bzzz!, BiPlane Ace)
      iSilo
      TomeRaider
      Jovian
      Lunar
      Orrery
      Planetarium
      Ultralingua
      Conjugator
      Noah Pro
      Worksmith
      Afterburner
      PiDirect
      Launcher III

Thats all I can think of right off hand.

Jason
    So far I have registered:

ThinkDB 2.5
    Launcher III
    Wordsmith
    BugMe messenger
    FileMan
    AfterBurner
    Liberty
    PiDirect
    SplashPhoto
    Zap 2016
    Documents to Go
    TealMovie
    PocketMoney
    Solus
    BackupBuddy
    BrickBreak
    Astraware Mahjongg
    VRally
    So far I've registered:

DateBk4
    PocketMoney
    Pop Up Time
    Wordsmith
    MegaLauncher
    Mark My Scriptures
    Pop Up Names

Planning on registering soon:
    SplashID
    AtomSmash (hi res version for my new clie 760)
    Bejewelled
    Deep Reader

I also have a seldom used iPaq, and it is seldom used because of the software that is available for the Palm. There's just so many great apps available for the Palm that outshine most of what is available on the other side, and it is usually much cheaper.
    Last edited by loudpocket.com; 09/29/2001 at 12:43 AM.
    toby sterrett
    loudpocket.com
  12.    #12  
    Originally posted by loudpocket.com
    I also have a seldom used iPaq, and it is seldom used because of the software that is available for the Palm. There's just so many great apps available for the Palm that outshine most of what is available on the other side, and it is usually much cheaper. [/B]
    I couldn't agree more. Software was the main reason I went with a Palm OS device over a Monochramatic iPaq device. My previous black and brown WinCE device I was able to find 1 piece of software for it.
    Hmm...let's see. Not as long a list as some (since I use some free stuff as well), but I've registered:
    Documents to Go
    JFile
    Pocket Quicken
    SplashPhoto
    Registering soon:
    JPGView
    Torpedo
    IRPrint (if they make improvements over the version which was included with my printer).
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    If we're listing

KnightMove
    Kyle's Quest
    TomeRaider
    Wordsleuth
    BugMe Messenger
    HanDBase
    Pocket Quicken & The Upgrade to 2.01
    QuickOffice
    After seeing some of the lists people are putting up I feel mine greatly pales in comparison.

HackMaster
    Launch 'Em
    Secret!
    Vehicle Log
    PadLock Plus

I am planning on registering/buying HanDBase, QuickOffice (perhaps just QuickSheets) and Wordsmith.

I do try to stick with freeware applications, but register all shareware software that I do use. I even try to throw some money to the freeware people especially if I find their application really good and useful.
    I, too, have spent far too much money on software for my Prism...especially considering how much more my laptop cost and how little software I've bought for it (OT: there is SUCH great freeware available for Windows, I haven't really had to buy anything other than favorite games!)

Anyhoo, so far I've registered...

Buzz-Notes Lite
    SplashID
    TinySheet
    ActionNames
    All Money
    UKnowJack
    HandStory Suite
    iSilo (since the beta is in COLOR and VFS compatible!)
    WordSmith
    PowerRun
    SilverScreen
    VFSHelper (does this count?)
    DVDBase
    Bejeweled
    DKung Jr, Hordes (registered for free by filling out a survey)
    MyBible
    Scripture Partner
    Prayer Log
    AfterBurner
    Meteor (a totally cool memo pad that allows you to have multiple levels of folders...I use it for note taking)
    Quik Budget
    AlarmMaster
    JackBack
    QuickAction

on the TBA list:
    ToDo Plus
    some security app...leading contender OneTouchPass (I just like the concept of using the picture of my choice)
    Recycle (though I may stick with the free Victor)
    UnDupe (though just today a free utility came out)
    Spy Hunter, Galax, SimCity, StandAlone's Solitaire Bundle (I love them, but they're soooo expensive)
    Mummy Maze, Alchemy (I'm just a bit salty that they came out with the game pack AFTER I had purchased Bejeweled)
    Joggle (a new game I found which has me as hooked as Bejeweled!)
    Draw It (recently went shareware...but it is SO AWESOME that I feel compelled to register it)
    McFile (I WOULD pay for this! I think it's still free now...)
    Shadow
    HanDBase

If you're wondering about the length of the list...GOD BLESS DAVE KESSLER, KOPSIS ENGINEERING, KEITH HUDSON, MATCHBOOK PRODUCTS AND EVERYONE ON THE FLASHPLUS AND MEMPLUG TEAMS FOR EXPANDABLE STORAGE SOLUTIONS!!!!!! I'm basically running my Prism with 72 MB of RAM, BABY!

purplemd
    My extensive list?

Wordsmith, and
    Printboy (free with mail in rebate).

I don't really feel compelled to pay money for anything else. I've got what I need.
    -Bernie

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle
    Registered an use A LOT (well worth it to me!):
    - Iambic's Action Names Datebook
    - HandMark's MobileDB\
    - HandMark's SuperUtility
    - Tealpoint's TealInfo
    - StacWork's InWatch
    - Handfort Solutions' JB Backup (formerly JackBack)
    - Gridlock (currently on 'hold' because it may be contributing to some system crashes
    - Red Mercury's Acid Freecell
    - 3 Peaks
    - Pacific NeoTek's Omni-Remote

Registered and use (Maybe I should have found a freeware version, or I use it, just not a lot)
    - Blue Nomad's WordSmith (excellent, I just use it more as a reader than a processor!)
    - Red Mercury's Acid Solitaire
    - Stevens Creek's UnDupe
    - Blue Nomad's Backup Buddy/Install Buddy (Excellent programs, but I tend to use other ones to do the jobs)

Registered and rarely use ("Why'd I do it?"):
    - MegaSoft 2000's Megalauncher (I suspect it in the crashing problem I was having, AND I am having a hard time getting an unlock code (PalmGear))
    - Bachmann Software's PrintBoy Deluxe (sold it with the InfraReady Adaptor that I rarely ended up using!)
    - BittySoft's MindScanner (fun program, and registered, but I cannot seem to get them to send me a unlock code!)

AND- there are others that I have totally forgotten about, but find notres or parts of every now and then. Yeesh!
    Originally posted by dampeoples
    If we're listing

KnightMove
    Just curious, did you use KnightMove on a Prism? I tried to play it but it crashed on mine. Perhaps there is a newer version? The one I downloaded was probably 2 months ago.

Brian Baker
    Yeah it was a Prism, I can't find a version number listed anywhere, though.