1.    #1  
    I've got a 680 that's been fine until yesterday. Suddenly it stops completely dead in the middle of a hotsync, just when it's backing up my Calendar. I've let it sit for over an hour and nothing advances.

At that point, I'm forced to disconnect the 680, Cnt-Alt-Del to stop the Hotsync program on my computer, and wait about 3 minutes until the Treo finally says "The connection with the computer was lost."

I've tried loading earlier versions of the DatebookDB from older NVBackups, but the same thing happens.

Any clues?
    Time is money, and life is change.
    This may seem obvious but close the software yousync with such as Outlook or Palm Desktop. My BlackBerry and Treo do not sync if the programs are open.

Hope this helps and tell us how it worked out..
    3Com Palm Pilot > USRobotics Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Zire 21 > Handspring Treo 270 > palmOne Treo 650.

Current Device:
    Palm Treo 680 [Unlocked/Unbranded]
    BlackBerry 8820 [Unlocked]

Current Plan:
    O2-UK Simplicity 15 a Month.
    400 texts and 200 minutes.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    What does it install before the calender?
    You may also have a corrupted Datebook database file. Take a look at DBFIXIT which can fix the database and allow the hotsync to continue. Pimlico Software - DbFixIt
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by RTip10 View Post
    You may also have a corrupted Datebook database file. Take a look at DBFIXIT which can fix the database and allow the hotsync to continue. Pimlico Software - DbFixIt
    You win the prize! When I got home tonight I downloaded dbscan 2.0 (freeware, although somewhat dated) and ran it. Apparently whatever it does it did well, because my datebook is now syncing perfectly.

Thanks to all for the suggestions!

WHEW! What a relief!
    Time is money, and life is change.