1.    #1  
    I live in North Alabama, and I just traveled to Cocoa Beach to watch the STS-127 Space Shuttle launch.

-Signal was fantastic all the way there and back, and also in the hotel room. I could keep in touch with the folks doing our tours at all times.

-Using Google Maps was great! The "locator" feature really rocks when you are out on the highway. You can zoom out and see when towns and turns are about to come up. One time I got off track, but I could see where I was and the best route to take to get back on my route. Awesome!

-We had to be at the bus at 2:00 a.m. at another hotel in order to get through security and get to the launch viewing area in time. When I got up at 1:30, I already had a text from spaceflightnow.com telling me that the launch had been scrubbed. I called the lady in charge of our bus, who had not gotten to me yet on her calling list, and then went back to bed.

-While at Cocoa Beach, when we wanted a certain kind of food, I just typed "mexican food" into Google Maps and it would show me all the matching restaurants around, relative to our current position. This feature is INVALUABLE when traveling. You don't have to know the local area at all. Not only does it show you the restaurants, it shows their locations and you can call them without even having to dial the number.

-Many times I pulled up the weather forecast and radar for Cocoa Beach, and various locations along our route each way.

-We had an internet connection in our room, but the internet is always available in the palm of my hand for news updates and Treocentral.com.

-I took pictures while at Kennedy Space Center and sent them to family members through my Centro while still on the tour bus. I also had a real digital camera for better pics, but the Centro's camera is pretty good outdoors, and the pics are very easy to send via text or email.

- I used tryda to look up a friend's address who lives in Gainesville, on the way back. Of course, tryda will work with Google Maps to show me his location and directions for getting there.

- My son wanted to take a radio to the beach, but we didn't have one. I reminded him that ptunes has internet radio, so he found a station and he was a happy camper listening to his Centro at the beach.

- SplashShopper is great for making checklists of things you don't want to forget for your trip.

- I was watching SprintTV on the way back in the car. The signal was great on the interstate highways, with a high speed data connection.

- Using NVBackup, I always have multiple backups available on the device when I'm away from home without having to sync with a computer.

- Of course, apps like TCPMP and various games are always there if I have some time to kill. I watched part of a movie while I was chilling out at one point.

I'm sure there are others, but it is amazing how useful these devices can be, especially when traveling. I take mine for granted now. It is well worth the $30/month for my SERO plan!!!!!

Happy traveling!
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Sounds like a great trip!! I used Google maps for the first time this weekend and it was awesome. Some sites load quicker on my Centro than on my home PC so I tend to use the Centro more - especially for Facebook.
    Something's not right here. The Centro and Palm OS are "old" and out of date. It's time to uprade that old thing with no multi-tasking to something like the Pre. I'm sure it can do all that and more. Ha-ha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    I live in North Alabama, and I just traveled to Cocoa Beach to watch the STS-127 Space Shuttle launch.

-Signal was fantastic all the way there and back, and also in the hotel room. I could keep in touch with the folks doing our tours at all times.
    TM,

Sounds like a great trip.

How was your reception going throught the Forida Pandandle?

I travel to the Florida Panhandle frequently and my Sprint coverage is horrible in Navarre, Ft. Walton and Panama City. It's so so in Destin.
    When I travel to Orlando, Tampa and soutwest Florida it gets better.

It was so bad my son and daughter - law who live in the Panhandle had to switch to ATT.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  5.    #5  
    I went down I-75 (no panhandle), but I had a great signal the entire way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    I went down I-75 (no panhandle), but I had a great signal the entire way.
    Okie Dokie
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Something's not right here. The Centro and Palm OS are "old" and out of date. It's time to uprade that old thing with no multi-tasking to something like the Pre. I'm sure it can do all that and more. Ha-ha.
    I couldn't agree more. No wifi? No problem I had a great internet connection the entire time I was gone, regardless of where I was. No multitasking? No problem, when I go back to Google Maps, it is right where I left it.

People should stop chasing the latest thing and realize what the Centro can do for them, all at a very reasonable cost and very efficiently. I'm not necessarily talking about the Pre, either. It applies to lots of those "latest and greatest" devices with high up front cost and high recurring costs with their expensive plans.
    The expensive plans is what gets you "buy a Pre for only $199" but gee you lose your good legacy plan that was inexpensive and have to get an "Everything" plan which may be cheaper than Verizon or ATT but is still way more than you are paying now. Too bad Sprint is getting rid of the Centro