1.    #1  
    Just noticed that some classic arcade games have been brought to the Palm by Pocket Express:
    • Spy Hunter
    • Joust
    • Defender II
    • Sinistar
    • Root Beer Tapper (huh?)

As I have a measly monochrome VDX, I'd love to hear what the Clie, Prism and m505 folks have to say about it. I've loved Spy Hunter for years (though much of that's because of the theme music, which was taken from a number of 60s TV series. Probably doesn't run in the Palm versions. )

TIA,
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Joust is by far my favorite, but SPy hunter is unbelieavbly well done. I've been a beta tester for all these gaems and they all kick ***, and I HOPE! an SB version is made..

Their are sound effects, but not realyl a true music music track
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by miradu2000
    Joust is by far my favorite, but SPy hunter is unbelieavbly well done.
    What type of PDA were you using, and how is the speed of the games on it?
    Jeff Meyer

I was on a Prism. For me the speed ws excellent, and I had no problems. On the edge it was the same. Perfect speed, no problems.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by miradu2000
    I was on a Prism. For me the speed ws excellent, and I had no problems. On the edge it was the same. Perfect speed, no problems.
    Danke!
    Jeff Meyer

Joust is very slow on the palm IIIc but spy hunter is very good. All the other games are plenty fast on my VPL, but it's times like this I wish i had colour!
    Also, joust is controlled differently. on the atari st (where i discovered joust) 1 press of the fire button = 1 flap if wings, but on the palm you can hold the button down and it will 'auto-flap!'. basically you can't fly up as quickly as before, and a main tactic for me in the game was to fly level then shoot up quickly to just catch them. Can't do that anymore. Maybe it's because of the palm's buttons?...
    Alan Millar
    I didn't care for them. Defender II was very difficult to play with the control scheme. They are so much better on a GameBoy Color or GBA.
    "Life is what you experience between racing games"
    Galley