Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Does anyone know of a way to get the full-page i-bar (i.e. 25 "buttons") to appear as the default first page (on hitting the phone button)? Shimon has been gradually adding features to the i-bar so that it can now function as a neat launcher, but at least on a Treo 650, it seems that the full-page i-bar is always *two* clicks away. That's also the case for the 650's Home button, but I dont see any reason to emulate that "mistake"!

I thought the i-bar would appear as a "loop-through" tab in the "Using the Phone button" prefs, but it doesnt. You can get it to launch it via various other buttons, but they all require a prior button click. Having mild RSI, I'm always looking at ways to cut down my clicking

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    you can map the i-bar to the home button and use it instead of the built in launcher
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    <p>On a 650, that's still two clicks - the home button doesn't power on the unit, so one needs to press one of the four main hard keys first</p>
    Quote Originally Posted by TRgEOff View Post
    <p>On a 650, that's still two clicks - the home button doesn't power on the unit, so one needs to press one of the four main hard keys first</p>

Um... Isn't the Home button one of the 4 main hard keys? If you go into the Preferences->i-Bar preferences, in the lower right corner there's a 'Home' btn preference to Launch the iBar full page on your Home hard button. If your Home button doesn't power up your treo, then you must have some key-lock program preventing it from doing so, because any of the 4 hard buttons should power up your device and go directly to the app defined for that button.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    <p>On the 650 the Home key is not one of the four 'main' hard keys, and unfortunately, unlike some later models (eg the 680), has no potential to turn on the device. I had already assigned takephone's i-bar to the Home key, because ergonomically its the next best thing, but it's still a two-click procedure. I think any 1-click solution will probably have to wait for a possible intervention by Shimon himself</p>
    Last edited by TRgEOff; 06/17/2009 at 11:25 AM.
    I believe you can set the i-Bar to replace the redial screen ("i-Bar" preferences page), then set the order of tabs in "Using the PHONE buttons"
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    <p>Ah, that does work, but the cure has been worse than the disease. Having set the i-bar to Redial has had a major debilitating effect on the Phone button. It has not only eliminated the loop-thu cycling while within TP (in all configurations) but when I de-activate TP as the app for the phone button, the key is then totally dead. That is, it won't call up the regular Phone app. Bizarrely, this behavior still remains after a hard reset and restore. Next step will be to reinstall TP individually.</p>
    Last edited by TRgEOff; 06/17/2009 at 09:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TRgEOff View Post
    <p>Ah, that does work, but the cure has been worse than the disease. Having set the i-bar to Redial has had a major debilitating effect on the Phone button. It has not only eliminated the loop-thu cycling while within TP (in all configurations) but when I de-activate TP as the app for the phone button, the key is then totally dead. That is, it won't call up the regular Phone app. Bizarrely, this behavior still remains after a hard reset and restore. Next step will be to reinstall TP individually.</p>
    WOW - sorry about that. Will check this.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Thanks Shimon, that would be great. Update: If I hard-reset, and *don't* restore, Phone button *does* launch Phone app. But not if I restore - even pre-problem backups, nor is Takephone loop-thru working. I haven't reinstalled Tp cause I'm on the road. cheers