Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I am a new smartphone/Centro user. (verizon Centro, VersaMail PE 4.0.1.00 via MyCentro Bonus Software install)

I have read through most of the VersaMail and Gmail threads but I am having some trouble getting Gmail fully set-up.

Messages in the Gmail inbox are retrieved just fine, but I would also like to have the messagees in my Gmail 'Sent Mail' folder show-un in VersaMail so that I can refer to them.

Do I need to change specific settings for the root IMAP folder?
    I tried using "Gmail" as the root server folder, but I still only get my inbox mesages...

Sorr if this is a basic question. I am new to this.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Help!

I have been Googling this issue all day and I am going crazy

Someone must be using VersaMail on a Centro with full Gmail support!

I think the area that I am having trouble with is Options-Preferences-Server Folders- "Root Folder" and "Sent Mail"
    Last edited by VTTQU; 06/14/2009 at 08:09 PM.
    The 'Sent Mail' folder only shows the messages sent from your device. I'm fairly certain that there isn't a way to pull the desktop sent messages in. But maybe if you want just certain 'sent'messages sent to your device, you could just add your own email to the 'to' line... if that works what you are trying to accomplish, then you'll just receive it in your inbox, too. I know, not the best idea, but it works.
    your problem is not with your settings. it has to do with the setup from google's side. they use labels which cant show up on your mail client as folders hence you only see inbox. if google had implemented the folder system youd have all your folders in versamail as they appeared on your google webmail

tough luck
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I can't speak for a versamail/centro set-up, but I use Chatteremail on my 755. I can set up other gmail folders on the treo, so that I can see mail in those folders. They are set-up in chatter as additional mailboxes. I have the starred gmail folder on my treo, and anything I flag/star shows up there, right where it should be.

Maybe versamail has a similar set-up where you can add mailboxes under a specific account.
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquire1996 View Post
    I can set up other gmail folders on the treo, so that I can see mail in those folders. They are set-up in chatter as additional mailboxes. I have the starred gmail folder on my treo, and anything I flag/star shows up there, right where it should be.
    Are you able to set-up the Gmail 'Sent Mail' folder with ChatterBox to show message which were sent from the web?

Quote Originally Posted by Esquire1996 View Post
    Maybe versamail has a similar set-up where you can add mailboxes under a specific account.
    If I set the Root Folder to
    Code:
    [GMAIL]/
    I am able given the option to Sync some of the Gmail folders, such as Starred, Spam and my user created labels, but not the 'Sent Mail' box.

Quote Originally Posted by patti30
    your problem is not with your settings. it has to do with the setup from google's side. they use labels which cant show up on your mail client as folders hence you only see inbox. if google had implemented the folder system youd have all your folders in versamail as they appeared on your google webmail
    As an aside, does this also mean that users of desktop IMAP clients are not able to bring copies of Sent Mail which were originally sent from the webmail interface into the desktop mail application?
    As an aside, does this also mean that users of desktop IMAP clients are not able to bring copies of Sent Mail which were originally sent from the webmail interface into the desktop mail application?[/QUOTE]

i use entourage with gmail and AOL. but i find AOL easier to manage, with Gmail i get to see some folders and others never show up. so i kind of gave up on gmail label and now exclusively use AOL
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    In chatter, I believe I could set up the sent folder to sync with the phone, and then tell it how many days of mail to download, as well as where to store it (card or phone).

Also, in chatter, whenever I add a new folder/label with gmail, I just reload the folder list and they always show up.

Since you can see some of the root folders for gmail, maybe this is a limitation of versamail. I'm not sure.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Thanks for all the info.
    Sounds like Gmail and VersMail both have some weird limitations...