1.    #1  
    I just loaded JPGview which is VFS enabled to work w/ my Matchbook drive. For the life of me I cannot remember how to download a JPG file to my Prism. I try loading the file as a JPG on install and it comes up with a wierd file name. What am I missing?
    thanks
    dave
    Originally posted by David Vitale
    I just loaded JPGview which is VFS enabled to work w/ my Matchbook drive. For the life of me I cannot remember how to download a JPG file to my Prism.
    If you're trying to HotSync the JPEG to your Prism's RAM, don't. You need to put the JPEG files directly on the CF card using a digicam or CF card reader (or PCMCIA adapter) connected to your PC or Mac.
    <ul><li>Dave Kessler<br>President - Kopsis, Inc.</li></ul>
    Dave -

would you put the files in \palm\launcher, or is there a better place?
    I tried fiddling around with native jpg viewing when I first got my matchbook, and it couldn't see my jpg files on a Kodak formatted CF card. I eventually got a 3rd party solution, but the resolution was so horrible on my VDX that I gave up. I would be interested in the actual solution however, as I intend to migrate to a Prism once the prices drop some more. I was quite pleased to discover that my Targus keyboard works with the Prism, and all of the other accessories that I have.

Cheers

Tucson Sailors
    Originally posted by tucson_sailors
    would you put the files in \palm\launcher, or is there a better place?
    Definitely don't clutter /PALM/Launcher with JPEGs. The more files in there, the slower your launcher will be when scanning for .prc files. Palm m50X devices default to /DCIM for images (I think because a number of digicams use that directory), but JPGview can see them anywhere on the card.

I tried fiddling around with native jpg viewing when I first got my matchbook, and it couldn't see my jpg files on a Kodak formatted CF card.
    Keep in mind that JPGview only supports OS 3.5+. It works great on newer Visors, but if you're using a VDX, there's still no VFS based JPEG viewer. PiViewer on the MemPlug is really the only memory card JPEG viewer for VDX users unless you want to go through a conversion step to get your images into SplashPhoto or FireViewer format.
    <ul><li>Dave Kessler<br>President - Kopsis, Inc.</li></ul>
  5.    #5  
    dkessler is correct! I created a directory called "Pictures" using FAFilemover, then plugged the card into my Mac using a CF adaptor. Then I moved the JPEGS over to the card. It works just fine.

I did find that if you go into the FAFUtility and set the speed of the Card to Maximun, the time it takes to 'scan' the card when you go back to your launcher is cut in half. It does take a little longer, but, it appears so far to be worth it.

BTY, if anyone knows of a way to move DocstoGo to the CF card and manage files, etc. while also being able to synch I would be grateful.
    thanks -- dave