1.    #1  
    Is the recently published upgrade to Palm Desktop 4 worth it for VDX owners? I use Outlook exclusively; have there been any additions to tools other than the calender, contact manager, etc?
    If you're using Outlook, probably not. Here's what was added: sleeker GUI design, choices of skins, a desktop alarm option, and a few other tweaks like more view styles for each mini app (datebook, addresses etc.) The Palm Desktop really isn't supposed to be as good as Outlook, it's mostly for those who don't need the full capabilities of programs like Outlook.

- Burns
    Check out my page on Visors:
    Burn's Visor page
    Originally posted by Burns
    The Palm Desktop really isn't supposed to be as good as Outlook, it's mostly for those who don't need the full capabilities of programs like Outlook.
    And the complexity of Outlook. (And the bugs. And the e-mail viruses. Etc., etc.)

[I agree with Burns' analysis -- particularly that the 4.0 desktop doesn't have any major advantages over earlier versions. The only exception is that Desktop 4.0 allows you to have alarms set on your Palm appear on your PC. I like that quite a bit.]
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."