Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Just thought I would share this technique I've been using for some time.

1.) Use your nails to open the slot from the batt door side.

2.) Use stylus to poke the card.

3.) remove with nail/stylus.

When putting it back in you will need the stylus again. Takes a few go's to get it but when you do, I find it much easier. I use a Sandisk mobilemate which is always on my key ring with an 8GB card.

http://static.blogo.it/gadgetblog/sa...icroReader.jpg
    I hope this hasn't been, I've searched and couldn't find it anywhere.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    It depends on your specific Centro how easy this is to do... I used to do it all the time on my first Centro cause the corner was warped outward a bit & real easy to get a nail underneath (at the time I thought it was designed that way on purpose). But the four Centros I've bought since then have been flat, or-in the case of my current one-actually bowed outward, so getting a fingernail under it is impossible. Just another example of the 'cheapiness' of the device I guess. I do really miss it tho, I love how that little door slides out. Made me feel like Star Trek or some sh.
    Unless you are switching cards, it's easier to use an applicatiobn like Card Export or Card Reader. Just plug your Centro in to the computer and fire up one of those programs and your card is just another drive on your computer.
    Yeah, but then you have to carry around a USB cable rather than a tiny USB microSD adapter. (Or you can use the bluetooth FTP function of card reader if you have a computer with bluetooth).
    Feel fortunate. Mine won't stay IN without a little card shim under the door ducttaped down....
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    It depends on your specific Centro how easy this is to do.... But the four Centros I've bought since then.... Just another example of the 'cheapiness' of the device I guess. I do really miss it tho, I love how that little door slides out. Made me feel like Star Trek or some sh.
    The type/length of fingernail probably effects it too. Mine is the flat door type, not the first you described. I poke my nail between the slot and the batt door then tilt and it pops out, I can then squeeze and pull, not entirely intuitive but I got there and like you said it's pretty gangster. You have FOUR Centros or are/we're they replacements?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro1 View Post
    Feel fortunate. Mine won't stay IN without a little card shim under the door ducttaped down....
    You mean the spring-lock is broken?...
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    You have FOUR Centros or are/we're they replacements?
    I've had mine replaced twice and I've got a line for my wife and a line for my sister, both on Centros as well.