Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I updated the firmware on my Centro a couple days ago to 1.07. Everything worked fine with the upgrade, it didn't fail and all was restored successfully.

However now I can not use my phone as a modem with my HP Mini. I chatted with Palm for an hour today and now just spent an hour on the phone with them and they now tell me to call Sprint.

I can pair the devices, on the Mini I choose dial up networking, type in dial #777, the phone lights up (like it used to do) and then on the Mini I get error message 678. Palm tells me this means there is no answer from the phone.

We have soft reset, hard reset, deleted the pairing, set it up on the Mini first, set it up on the Centro first, etc....

Does anyone have any ideas? Palm is telling me to call Sprint and ask them about their connection manager. However previous to this upgrade I had never had any Sprint software on my HP Mini. I just paired the two, used dial up networking to connect and then opened Internet Explorer on the Mini.

Thanks for any advice!
    Even though I can't help you, I can confirm that it should be working for you, since I upgraded my Centro to 1.07 and am able to make the tethered connection (through USBModem) with Bluetooth. Frustrating, I am sure!
    Hear more talk about my Centro and other industry news, go to thecellphonejunkie.com for a great weekly cell & smartphone podcast.
    Global Posts
    2,486 Global Posts
    Sometimes Error 678 can happen when your BT pairing gets messed up. Did you recreate your connections on the PC side after upgrading your firmware?
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
    Sometimes Error 678 can happen when your BT pairing gets messed up. Did you recreate your connections on the PC side after upgrading your firmware?
    Hi, yes with Palm I must have deleted the pairing and set it up again 2 or 3 times, starting with having the Centro find the laptop and then having the laptop find the Centro.

I haven't called Sprint yet for help, went away for the weekend! Thanks for your suggestions.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I just thought of something else, I don't know the passkey for either device so I used 0000. Does this make a difference?
    I wouldn't think so since you are pairing a computer. But it could be. The four zeros are usually for headsets where you don't have a way to enter the passkey. Try specifying a different passkey when it requests it (both devices should request a passkey).
    Hear more talk about my Centro and other industry news, go to thecellphonejunkie.com for a great weekly cell & smartphone podcast.