1.    #1  
    What is the best Launcher program out there.I have had alot of problems with Launchem so I am looking for somthing different. Launchem wont let me backup to vfs and is really slow.
    Any other good ones? I have heard of Silverscreen but dont know if its worth the money 20.00 i believe.
    Tritan

May the Pda be with you!!
    It may only work with Memplug, but I use Launcher III. You need to get the VFS version from memplug.com. It will allow you to run applications straight off the card without PiDirect. Put the apps in Palm/Launcher.

If you don't understand directories (as I didn't when I got my memplug), that means make a "Palm" folder, then in that folder, make a "launcher" folder, then in that folder place all your apps. I think when I first tried it, I made a folder "Palm/Launcher". D'oh!
    Launcher III is a good launcher and is VFS compatible. My favorite though is Silverscreen(It's VERY good with color). I know the makers of silverscreen offer a free shareware version so you may want to try that.
    You know it's bad when your Calculus Professor uses the word "Unpossible"

"It's a long way from my thoughts to what I'll say, It's a long, long way from paradise to where I am today." -Switchfoot, Home
    I have tried all of them (literally), and for me, nothing compares with the features and and speed of Launcher III.
    Launcher III for me too. It has the best balance of usability, eyecandy, and functionality. Silverscreen just takes up too much real estate with its (admittedly) cool looking icons. Megalauncher just seems like overkill, no Zen. Launcher III gives you VFS support (although I use PowerRun to load most of my apps to speed up the launcher), tabs & tools on one screen w/ no taps (unlike SS), and a clean interface (unlike Megalauncher).

They've all got their benefits, but LIII seems to be the best combo.
    Hmmm... a *lot* of recommendations for Launcher III. (It's particularly interesting to me, since I have a Flash Plus I plan to run with VFSHelper.)

I currently use Launch 'Em -- are there any advantages of Launch 'Em over Launcher III?
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Originally posted by bookrats
    Hmmm... a *lot* of recommendations for Launcher III. (It's particularly interesting to me, since I have a Flash Plus I plan to run with VFSHelper.)

I currently use Launch 'Em -- are there any advantages of Launch 'Em over Launcher III?
    Yeah, speed and stability.

Seriously, I used Launch 'Em for a long time. Launcher III is just zippier and feels better. It doesn't have the cool plug-in tools that Launch 'Em does, but its built-in tools cover all of the ones that i actually used in Launch 'Em.

Also, Launcher III only puts tabs on the top, but that works best for me too.

BTW - I also use Msmount. I put big databases like maps in the MsMount folder and apps in the regular expansion folder so that they are visible in launcher III. Who says that you can't have databases in extended memory.
    Originally posted by bradhaak

Seriously, I used Launch 'Em for a long time. Launcher III is just zippier and feels better. It doesn't have the cool plug-in tools that Launch 'Em does, but its built-in tools cover all of the ones that i actually used in Launch 'Em.

Also, Launcher III only puts tabs on the top, but that works best for me too.
    I've been using Launcher III side-by-side with Launch 'Em for the last week, and I completely agree with you. Speedier, really like the VFS support (and shortcuts), and the few features it lacks that Launch 'Em has, I don't miss.

I'm off to PalmGear to buy Launcher III.
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    I am using BOTH Launcher III and Launchem on my Visor. With all my third party apps on the card, Launcher III is very slow..its always "scanning". It is however faster to launch and exit apps on the memory card than PowerRUn. So essentially I am using it as a PowerRun replacement. With the shortcut feature of launcher III I am able to see and launch the apps from the card from within Launchem itself...And I don't have to put up with that annoying "scanning" screen in Launcher III....
    Turn off auto scanning. It is only necessary when you install new software or put in a new memory card. When you need to use it, use the slash 1 shortcut to scan once.