Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Is there something better? Cause this sofware sucks. It doesn't do a full back up. Sometimes bluetooth doesn't save, sometimes contacts dont, sometimes prefs don't backup. There's gotta be something better. Any suggestions?
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    Try NV Backup - it rocks! Solid, dependable backups - all, or partial restore, and best of all....it's free!
    And I use both of them. Paranoid much?
    Time is money, and life is change.
    Resco Backup in the pay realm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-NYC View Post
    Try NV Backup - it rocks! Solid, dependable backups - all, or partial restore, and best of all....it's free!
    What he said!

m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I'd recommend Resco, personally. I used NVBackup for a while, but found that it would "forget" to do it's scheduled backup from time to time, whereas Resco hasn't missed beat... just my two cents.
    I use both Resco and NVBackup. The latter being the primary never failed me.
    Pilot Pro > 2Mb+IrDA upgrade > Clie T615C > Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by djraw View Post
    Is there something better? Cause this sofware sucks. It doesn't do a full back up. Sometimes bluetooth doesn't save, sometimes contacts dont, sometimes prefs don't backup. There's gotta be something better. Any suggestions?
    I don't think the problem is with "Backup Buddy." I've used the "Pro" version for a year or more and it worked flawlessly.

But, when I added certain other programs to my device, suddenly the very problems you describe started happening! Hmmm?
    Bluetooth in the Palm OS series never saves regardless of the application you are using - you just gotta repair it after a hard reset/restore.
    Quote Originally Posted by positron View Post
    I don't think the problem is with "Backup Buddy." I've used the "Pro" version for a year or more and it worked flawlessly.

But, when I added certain other programs to my device, suddenly the very problems you describe started happening! Hmmm?
    Also, there's something I did that fixed my problem when "BB" started skipping files, timing problems, etc. - I deleted the basic program only, keeping checkpoints/files. Then downloaded a fresh "BB" either from site or good eariler SD card.
    This cleared-up all my problems.

My "Backup Buddy" program had been clearly corrupted. it didn't execute or even show all the files & features, or do all the commands anymore.
    It had been attacked by a Virus, worm, or some other programs on device.

If it was another app vs worm etc, it takes too long to step by step trace which program? But try replacing with fresh "BB" program. And look at it; like, will it go to the advance mode, then expand & collapse sub categories in file manger. Like the exclude lists...

My "BB," working fine again. .
    NVBackup has always done my scheduled backups flawlessly, and it has always restored my Treo/Centro EXACTLY as it was before the backup. Including bluetooth, IIRC.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Yeah. NVbackup ftw! Hasn't failed me yet.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Thanks everybody. NV Backup has proved to be the better answer for me. Thanks for eveyone's input.
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    +1 NVbackup