1.    #1  
    LauncherIII 3.0 is available and it's now shareware ($10). It's got improved jog dial support and support for expansion memory cards. This is now the perfect launcher (for me) - definitely worth $10.
    Mike
    I'd rather be upside down in my kayak than rightside up at my desk.
    No more freeware updates (although the last one seems payed by adverts...)

L III will now run applications stored in memory cards, by automatically moving them to main memory, and moving them back once finished.
    I've got the digital blues, my soul is just another number (JJ Cale)

http://www.palmvenue.com
    Has anyone had any success with editing databases off of the card? I have tried to do this with a few programs I have which organize books, cds, etc., but I guess they are not compatible because although the program starts the databases aren't used so it looks like you are running the program for the first time. I would like to know of some programs which do work with this new feature so I can try it for myself!
    Launcher III claims at http://www.benc.hr/lnchiii.htm, "It can also see DOC files and launchable databases stored on the card. Databases are not read-only, so they can be edited. If a database is modified, Launcher III copies it back to the card."
    From what I've heard elsewhere, "launchable databases" refers to PQAs.
    Originally posted by esjro
    Has anyone had any success with editing databases off of the card? I have tried to do this with a few programs I have which organize books, cds, etc., but I guess they are not compatible because although the program starts the databases aren't used so it looks like you are running the program for the first time. I would like to know of some programs which do work with this new feature so I can try it for myself!
    Use MsMount in conjunction with Launcher III.

Put your apps in the Launcher III directory on your expansion card(see the Launcher III docs for the location for different brands). Put the databases in the MsMount directory. Just make sure that the MsMount directory is not pointing to the same location as what Launcher or else you will duplicate icons.
    Originally posted by bradhaak

Have you had any problems with MsMount and Hackmaster Hacks?
  8.    #8  
    I love LauncherIII especially the jogdial support but I just discovered that the Jogdial support appears to conflict with JogAssist on my CLIE. Has anyone else run into this?
    Mike
    I'd rather be upside down in my kayak than rightside up at my desk.
    Originally posted by Winchell

Have you had any problems with MsMount and Hackmaster Hacks?
    I can't say since I don't use hacks. I prefer stability.
    Originally posted by bradhaak

Put your apps in the Launcher III directory on your expansion card(see the Launcher III docs for the location for different brands). Put the databases in the MsMount directory. Just make sure that the MsMount directory is not pointing to the same location as what Launcher or else you will duplicate icons.
    I have downloaded MS Mount and am still confused on a couple things. Will it allow me to modify the databases placed in the specified directory? Also, will it work with any programs with databases or just some?

Thank you for your help!
    MsMount and the other similar programs like PIDirectVFS are intended for read-only databases. This means things like books, maps, HTML files, etc. This frees up huge amounts of system memory.

I currently have about 4.5 MB of maps for Mapopolis ( the entire SF Bay area) and about 10 books for MobiPocketin the MsMount directory.

I also have a bunch of Palm reader books in the /PALM/Books folder, since the newest version of Palmreader supports VFS directly.

As time goes by, VFS support will be more and more common and MsMount type programs will become unnecessary. Actually, the newest version of Mapopolis supports VFS, but does it badly. All it does is copy the entire map to system memory when you select it. This isn't a good solution, so I use MsMount, since it swaps memory in as needed.