Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    I am working in San Antonio and left my 755p in the car and it got very hot and the screen shut down. Since then, the battery has been discharging quickly, and recharging slowly. The phone is about a year old. Is the battery cooked? I tried recycling it (drained the battery, soft reset while plugged in, didn't touch it until it was recharged) and today it is draining rapidly again. Any hope?
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tedcousens View Post
    I am working in San Antonio and left my 755p in the car and it got very hot and the screen shut down. Since then, the battery has been discharging quickly, and recharging slowly. The phone is about a year old. Is the battery cooked? I tried recycling it (drained the battery, soft reset while plugged in, didn't touch it until it was recharged) and today it is draining rapidly again. Any hope?
    You shoud get three years from the date of manufacture on a L-ion battery.
    You should try not to let a L-ion battery get below 30% often as this will shorten its life.

One thing you can try to recondition the charging is to plug in the AC power pack (Not a USB port) then do a soft Reset while it is on AC Power . This will reset the charging circuitry in the phone.

L-ion batteries will last longing it they are topped off often.

Rich
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Thank you Rich but as I said, I did a soft reset while plugged into an AC adaoter and allowed it to charge completely but still, will very little usage will drain within 6-8 hours. Ebay has new 1600 Mah batteries for $8 and free shipping. That is the solution I have chosen.

Roi Batty

Do you not have access to someone else's 755p to try exchanging batteries n whatnot? That might be a way to quickly diagnose or rule our certain problems.

I wish I could just hand you my spare battery, right quick. Good luck with that ebaY battery you found.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    No, I am away from home. I hope the battery works because its a cheap fix. If not, I guess I'llhave to break down and get a Pre. That would be terrible!

Roi Batty

No, I am away from home. I hope the battery works because its a cheap fix. If not, I guess I'llhave to break down and get a Pre. That would be terrible!
    If you have the carrier's insurance (or even if you don't) they may just switch out your battery for you - if you can just find a location along your travel route.

G'luck.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Are 755 batteries replaceable like the 700's? If so, a standard battery is around $15 shipped on eBay.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.