1.    #1  
    Hello,

I'm looking for some software that will let me know exactly how many hours/seconds I have left on my visor edge. I know that the default big battery at the top shows the amount of battery left , but that's sort of generalized.

I would like an exact up to the min calculation of how much battery I have left.

Thanks in advance!!
  2.    #2  
    Bump, someone has got to know!
    Originally posted by MitzEclipse
    but that's sort of generalized
    I like RunTime. It monitors and tracks battery usage. There are several other battery utilities available as well.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  4.    #4  
    Heh, I installed RunTime and it's in German (or someother foreign language)

I just want a simple program that tells me how much time / seconds I have left.

Thanks
    There is both a german and an english version of Runtime. Both are available on PalmGear. I think you downloaded the wrong one. I do use Runtime, however, and find it useful. After using it for a couple of battery changes, I have a good idea of how much time I have left by viewing the voltage graph. As for a program that tells you how much time you have left, I haven't seen one. As batteries and usage vary between users (what programs are running, is a module in use), I am not sure that you could have a program that gives you how much time is left.
    Donate Blood!!!
    Visit here to see how: America's Blood Centers
  6.    #6  
    Well I'll try downloading the english versin of RunTime....thing is, I just want a program that will simply tell me how many more min I have left on the edge! Since I just got the edge, I don't even have a ball park estimate on how long the battery life lasts!
    I recently saw a program that estimates remaining runtime at Palmgear. Unfortunately I don't remember the name -- it might be batterymonitor or batlog, something like that. If you do a search at Palmgear for battery, you should find it. I think it is out within the last month. I use runtime, which I like a lot, although it does give me odd readings occassionally. It is great to be able to compare the amount of runtime on different sets of batteries and to know how often you are actually using your visor.
    BatteryLog is a relatively new program that I've started using in addition to Runtime. Keeps track of a number of stats, and estimates when the battery will need to changed. Not that accurate with rechargables because of their power curve characteristics, but ought to be reasonably accurate with alkalines.

I've had some problems with BatteryLog causing resets on an Edge when starting it after the Edge has been in the cradle recharging, but the latest version is supposed to take care of that I think.
    -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
    Version: 3.12
    GS d-(+) s: a C++ UX++++V++S++ P+>+++ L>+++ E+>++ W++ N++(+++) o? K? w !O !M V-- PS PE Y+ PGP++ t++ 5++ X++ R+ tv++ b++(+++) DI++++ D+ G++ e+++>++++ h--- r+++ y?
    -----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
    I used Runtime on my VDX for some time, but finally gave it up because of the number of crashes that were occuring. Suffice it to say that, between research on the various PDA boards and turning various things off on my VDX, it turned out that RunTime had some repeatable problems (particularly when I was changing batteries.)

Really liked the app -- it was nice to be able to track how long my rechargable NiMH batteries were taking me (on average), with or without overclocking. But I needed stability more.
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    That is very interesting. I have not noticed any stability issues with Runtime on my VPL. Where there specific things causing problems on your VDX? I have been using Runtime for about 5 months and have been using rechargeable batteries (ICU Power Accessory Kit) for a little more than one month.
    Donate Blood!!!
    Visit here to see how: America's Blood Centers
    I've also been using RunTime and rechargeables for at least the past year and a half with no obvious problems.

The current version of RT also includes a command line utility to extract the contents of its database to a CSV file on the desktop.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    I like RunTime and have been using it for a few revisions. The only issue that I've had with it is that whenever I have to do a reset, the runtime for the current set of batteries gets messed up.

The uitlity for extracting the battery stats is useful, especially if you're a stats junkie. Lets you extract the data it's recorded and stuff it into an excel spreadsheet to mess around with
    -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
    Version: 3.12
    GS d-(+) s: a C++ UX++++V++S++ P+>+++ L>+++ E+>++ W++ N++(+++) o? K? w !O !M V-- PS PE Y+ PGP++ t++ 5++ X++ R+ tv++ b++(+++) DI++++ D+ G++ e+++>++++ h--- r+++ y?
    -----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----