1.    #1  
    I have been looking for a hack that allows me to enable/disable beaming with a sibgle pen stroke or combination of buttons, as it is a pain to have to go to the preferences everytime I need to neam something, and leaving beaming on is hard on the batteries. Could someone point me in the right direction?
    The Dot Shortcut .i will enable the Beam receive for a while and allows you to leave it turned off in general preferences.
    It's not a shortcut but an app that will do it.

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...5&prodID=28114
    If you have an address selected as your business card, hiold down the address book buton untill it started tyo beam your busivess card then cancel it with the stylus then it will give you the option of turning on your beam recieve. Thys will let you recieve a beam quickly, then you can turn it off with the preferences later when no one is waiting to send you something.

---S---
    Originally posted by IamZaphod
    If you have an address selected as your business card, hiold down the address book buton untill it started tyo beam your busivess card then cancel it with the stylus then it will give you the option of turning on your beam recieve. Thys will let you recieve a beam quickly, then you can turn it off with the preferences later when no one is waiting to send you something.
    This procedure IMHO seems to be more complicated then just turning off the beam in preferences. A hack or shortcut would better suit williecoyote
    When I read your problem statement, I thought this would be a prime function for a Desk Accessory. Doing a search of H.Yamakdo's DA listing I found an entry for IrSwitch, which can be downloaded here from Fatal Error World!!. Looking on Fatal Error World!!, I can only find a Japanese description, the English page does not mention this program.
  7.    #7  
    Thankyou all for your prmpt replies. The hack "Beam Receive Toggle Hack" works great for my purposes. It not only turns beaming on and off simply by tapping on the lower left hand corner of the "search" icon, it also tells me wether it is on or off.
    Salutations from sunny Lanzarote.