1.    #1  
    I just found out that as of June 30, AvantGo will no longer be providing mobile content (like PCMagazine, the weather, MSNBC, etc.). There's a new application called MySnac, but it's not for Palm devices.

Does anyone know of a replacement for AvantGo that does basically the same thing?
    Time is money, and life is change.
    Are you using the Desktop sync conduit for AvantGo or just the MobileSync method?

If you are using the Desktop Conduit only, SunriseXP does a good job of pulling RSS and mobile sites into Plucker Documents to read like Avantgo. However, it is 100% tied to using a Desktop Conduit there is no method to update directly from the Palm.

If you are using the Mobile Sync method of Avantgo, then an RSS reader is pretty much your option for Palm these days.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I wonder if we are going to see this more and more over the coming months, with the release of webos.

Oh well, so goes life. I actually stopped using avantgo over a year ago, as it kept crashing my 755, and would never sync with the computer properly.

I now use Neews, by Resco, Resco Neeews for Palm OS

and Express by Handmark (which is free).
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bsquarewi View Post
    If you are using the Desktop Conduit only, SunriseXP does a good job of pulling RSS and mobile sites into Plucker Documents to read like Avantgo. However, it is 100% tied to using a Desktop Conduit there is no method to update directly from the Palm.
    This is perfect. Thanks. I've experimented with it today, and while it's not as easy to set up as AvantGo, it sure does have more flexibility as to what web info you want.

I appreciate the info!
    Time is money, and life is change.