1.    #1  
    Off topic- sorry- but this email just arrived FYI.
    Yehahhh... a $20 credit!!!

From: Settlement Administrator [mailto:claims@sprinttreo600settlement.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 xxxxx PM
    To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Subject: Casaburi v palmOne, Inc. - IMPORTANT LEGAL INFORMATION ENCLOSED

You are receiving this Notice because you have been identified as a possible class member in a class action settlement as described below. Please read this Notice in its entirety.

NOTE: Once you have read the Notice, if you wish to participate you can file a claim on the website as described. You will be asked if you received this Notice. Once you select Yes, it will ask for your Claim ID and your Authorization Code.

Your Claim ID is: xxxxxxxxxx
    Your Authorization Code is: xxxxxxxx
    Casaburi v. Palmone, Inc., et al., Case No. 04-435844

THIS NOTICE ONLY PROVIDES LIMITED INFORMATION ABOUT THIS SETTLEMENT

You have received this notice because it appears that you purchased one or more new Treo 600 smartphone(s) for use on the Sprint cellular telephone network before October 27, 2004. It is important to read this notice because your rights may be affected by a proposed class action settlement. Plaintiffs James Casaburi and Robert Werksman have asserted claims against Palm, Inc. ("Palm") and Sprint Spectrum ("Sprint") and allege that certain statements regarding the availability of WiFi and Bluetooth expansion cards for Treo 600 smartphones were untrue because no Bluetooth or WiFi cards have been developed that are compatible with the Treo 600. Palm and Sprint deny plaintiffs' allegations but have agreed to settle the case to avoid further litigation.

Under the terms of the proposed settlement, class members who are current Sprint subscribers are eligible to receive a $20 bill credit. Class members who are not current Sprint subscribers are eligible for a $27.50 credit that may be used for a purchase at Palm's online store. The deadline to submit a claim form is September 15, 2009. You may obtain additional information regarding the settlement, as well as a claim form by visiting the Settlement website, www.sprinttreo600settlement.com.

IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE PART OF THIS CLASS ACTION OR SETTLEMENT, you may exclude yourself by mailing a request for exclusion to Plaintiffs' Counsel, Schubert Jonckheer Kolbe & Kralowec LLP, Three Embarcadero Center, Suite 1650, San Francisco, CA 94111. Your request must be postmarked no later than July 16, 2009 and include an unambiguous statement that you wish to be excluded from the Treo 600 Settlement Class.If you do not request exclusion in the manner set forth above, you will be bound by the Judgment of the Court. Any class member who does not request exclusion from the class may, if he or she desires, enter an appearance in this case through counsel and object to the terms of the settlement. On July 31, 2009, the Court, located at 400 McAllister Street, San Francisco, CA 94102, will conduct a hearing on whether to approve the Settlement, and if so, determine what amount of fees and expenses should be awarded to class counsel (up to $1,235,000 for attorneys fees and $100,000 for expenses) and what incentive award should be given to each of the two Class Representatives ($7,500 each). If you wish to object to the terms of the proposed settlement, you must follow the procedure set forth in the Long Form Notice, which is available at https://www.sprinttreo600settlement....FormNotice.pdf

All future Notices with respect to the Settlement will be provided by email ONLY. Go to www.sprinttreo600settlement.com to provide the Settlement Administrator with your current email address.

Remember, if you wish to participate by filing an online claim at the settlement website, your Claim ID is xxxxxx and your Authorization Code is xxxxxxx.

If you are having trouble viewing this email, click here to view online.
    ETUTREO300
  2.    #2  
    Not exactly the Sprint Email I was waiting for today...
    ETUTREO300
    Yeah, way off topic, but I just got the same email and posted in the Treocentral forums (where it probably belongs) wondering if it's legit. I would guess since I'm not the only one that it is then.
    Moved.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

I got one. I assume it's legit. but will wait a day to see what floats to the surface.
    This is a legit email. I called Sprints customer service and told them about the email. They verified that the www.sprinttreo600settlement.com was a legit website. You can verify it yourself by calling them.

Did you notice how much the lawyers get paid. Up to $1,235,000 for attorneys fees and $100,000 for expenses. What a racket. Going to get my $20 dollor credit now.
    The plaintiffs and their "representation" should be ashamed. I want no part of this money grab.
    It's legitimate. Sprint either coordinated or facilitated the sending out of the information to affected customers. At first, I was a bit concerned about the possibility that it was "phishing," but there was information from my account referenced in a link from the email message -- that only could have been produced as a result of someone having access to my account or a major security breach. I happened to have called Sprint about something else -- and I verified the settlement (proposal) to be legit.
    I submitted my claim as well.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.