1.    #1  
    As of this morning, Wednesday, xWeather causes reboots on my Treo! And if you go to the Moxsi website, it says: "closed"! This is not a good sign for my favorite weather program!
    Andrew-NYC
    I'm not having any issues on my Sprint Centro.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  3.    #3  
    It's back to normal as of late yesterday, thank goodness!
  4.    #4  
    Well - once again, xWeather reboots my 680. Over & over & over. This is really sad. And Moxsi's website is closed. Oh well....another great program bites the dust.
    I am now having the same problem with resetting on my 755. At least I now know that I'm not the only person experiencing this issue. I wonder what has caused this to suddently happen and more importantly how can the problem be solved... other than deleting one of my favorite programs. I have used xWeather for years with no problems of any kind. If anyone can solve this mystery please share it with the rest of us.
    Last edited by PalmTreo650User; 06/05/2009 at 08:04 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Something must have changed in the interface with the weather servers, and because Moxsi is no longer around, this may go unfixed. Very sad - I loved xWeather!
  7.    #7  
    There's always 4cast - which is very good - but the ability to move the radar & satellite maps around on xWeather will be sorely missed.
    Reset here as well.

I'm still using:
    4cast
    Weather from Deluxeware
    Weather Bug
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
    Xweather started crashing my Centro a few days ago too, so just now after it rebooted I ran it again and since it thinks it just updated it came up. This allowed me to change my default profile from NOAA to Yahoo. Then it updates without crashing. We'll see if it keeps working. Is everyone having the issue using NOAA? If so, try Yahoo...
    I don't have mine to update automactically when I launch it.
    However, it still crashes on launching the app so I'm not sure how NOAA default would cause it.
    But I could be wrong.

I really dislike Yahoo weather but let's hope this problem gets fixed.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
  11.    #11  
    The problem is obviously between the NOAA servers and xWeather - it must have needed some sort of update, and since the Moxsi folks are no longer around, it will only run Yahoo weather. But I have Yahoo weather on 4cast, so I liked having the other weather provider, as well.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by bbtkd View Post
    Xweather started crashing my Centro a few days ago too, so just now after it rebooted I ran it again and since it thinks it just updated it came up. This allowed me to change my default profile from NOAA to Yahoo. Then it updates without crashing. We'll see if it keeps working. Is everyone having the issue using NOAA? If so, try Yahoo...
    I have tried what you suggested, and while Yahoo weather doesn't cause the Treo to reboot, it also doesn't give the current weather!
    Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-NYC View Post
    I have tried what you suggested, and while Yahoo weather doesn't cause the Treo to reboot, it also doesn't give the current weather!
    Yeah, I discovered that as well. Without Moxsi around there is no way to keep using xweather. Now I'll have to look for freeware to get me through until next February when I'll ditch my centro for a Pre or iPhone.
    Well it works sometimes and other times it crashes. What I don't understand is why some sites still show it as a download and are still selling it. I have sent several eMails for support info. I'll let you know if I get any response.
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
    Found this fix online:

Fixing xWeather for PALM OS From Spontaneously Reseting Phone | A Whole Lot of Nothing

Only problem is it doesn't show you current conditions. Will keep playing around to try and get it to fully work.
    Quote Originally Posted by whypayforit View Post
    Found this fix online:

Fixing xWeather for PALM OS From Spontaneously Reseting Phone | A Whole Lot of Nothing

Only problem is it doesn't show you current conditions. Will keep playing around to try and get it to fully work.
    Tks for the info whypayforit,

Yeah current codition is not updated but forecast is.

Good Lucik
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover