1.    #1  
    I'm pretty sure there's no way to do this, but figured it could not hurt to ask.
    No.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Really? Same CDMA technology...have you been to a Sprint store to ask? They had them first. Tho' VZW does mess with their phones, so there must be some incompatibility, now recalling the browser cache handling or something to that effect. I'd still ask.
    No. You can't interchange phones between Verizon and Sprint. They won't allow it.
    If you can somehow get the ESN activated on Sprint its most likely possible. I used to have a Sprint branded 700p that I had activated on Verizon, and then sold it to someone who then activated it on Sprint. Its not a matter of hardware restrictions, its just a matter of network activation. I don't think there's any hardware differences between the Verizon and Sprint Centros, so you could probably flash the phone with Sprint firmware, and it would operate just like a Sprint Centro.
    CDMA phones are locked by each carrier.

He can certainly try it, but I am sure he won't have any luck.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Sprint locks their phones with a device-unique MSL (master subsidiary lock) code. If you have that code (you can find out what it is from Sprint or a utility) you have access to the memory of the Sprint phone to rewrite the PRL (preferred roaming list) and the CDMA settings. Verizon uses six zeros for their MSL number (hence their phones are not really locked).

The phones can go across both networks as long as they are have been setup correctly (PRL and data settings). But since the ESN number is not in the other carrier's database, you may have trouble activating the phone.
    Hear more talk about my Centro and other industry news, go to thecellphonejunkie.com for a great weekly cell & smartphone podcast.
    Sprint will not activate any phone that does not have their name on it.
    its not worth the huge effort required...

simply sell the Verizon Centro then buy a Sprint Centro. You will lose maybe $10. I just picked up a Verizon Centro on ebay today for $80. I saw a Sprint Centro for $75...

Craiglist swapping is another way to do the same thing...