1.    #1  
    I just replaced my VDx (which I gave to my wife) with a CLIE N710C. I used PocketMirror to sync the VDx to Outlook but the CLIE came with Intellisync.

So far I've been using PocketMirror to sync the CLIE and I was thinking of upgrading to the Professional version so my wife and I can sync to the same computer and keep our data separate. But now I'm wondering if Intellisync will allow us to do this.

I've been reasonably pleased with PocketMirror but if Intellisync is better anyway maybe I won't spend the $ to upgrade. I'm hoping to get opinions on the relative merits of the two solutions. Thanks in advance.
    Mike
    I'd rather be upside down in my kayak than rightside up at my desk.
    Puma tech's description of intellisync features...

Key Features
    Easy, one-step synchronization for your Palm platform, Pocket PC, Windows CE, or Symbian Release 5.0-compatible handheld
    Works directly with popular PC applications
    Integrated sync of calendar, e-mail*, contacts, and tasks
    Includes access to Browse-it software for downloading web pages to your Palm OS handheld
    Optimized for Microsoft Outlook (including Outlook 2002/XP)
    Powerful custom filtering
    Full conflict resolution
    Complete customization
    Multi-user support
    Provides Intellisync Connector support
    Supports new Palm OS 4.0
    * Email is supported for Outlook 97/98/2000, Exchange 5.0/5.5, Lotus Notes 4.5/4.6/5.0, and Novell Groupwise 5.5.2/5.5.4/5.5.4.1 (GroupWise email support is available only for Palm platform devices)

I'm completely satisfied with Pocket mirror Pro though.... Although with the install of palm desktop 4 I had some OLE automation errors and had to repair my office 2000 installation. Seem to be running fine now though. PM pro used to be the only one that did subfolder sync which is why I went with them.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I've seen PumaTech's website. I was hoping to hear from someone who's used Intellisync (and PocketMirror).
    Mike
    I'd rather be upside down in my kayak than rightside up at my desk.
    Jupe,

I used intellisync with a REX 6000. Not a fair comparison but I hated it compared to Pocket Mirror. Now, the reason for the hatred was the mapping process which was a limitation of the hardware. The REX just wouldn't hold enough of the address information that is contained in Outlook.

Now for the real twist - I prefer Desktop to Go over both because of one primary feature. You can set the Palm device to sync to Outlook and then it will also write to the Palm Desktop as an additional backup copy. You can't make changes to both though which is ok. Now the other problem is that I don't use either a Clie or Handspring, using a Palm M505 and Office XP so everything does work.

I think it's going to boil down to which one you prefer because they both work. Hopefully, you'll get some more input.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.