Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    shsh is doing a very nice discount on their applications this month. I downloaded TAKEphONE and played around with it a bit. It's obviously highly configurable with a series of preferences that makes DateBk6 look puny. After a bit of playing about, I didn't see enough enhancements that would make me want to get away from my present configuration using the basic interface with Butler and DateBk6. I mean, I can access apps and urls via long presses already. What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance.
    I'd start by looking here. It's just the best looking 'home' screen for PalmOS. imo. Check out the screenshots throughout that thread, especially the oned with the jumbo clocks available towards the end of that thread, gives it a very modern look.
    Check out 2day from ShSh Software while you're at it. It is a must for me.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Goodness. I used TakePhone, 2Day, Forecast and Datebook 6 - a great team - even used ZLauncher.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    I'd start by looking here. It's just the best looking 'home' screen for PalmOS. imo. Check out the screenshots throughout that thread, especially the oned with the jumbo clocks available towards the end of that thread, gives it a very modern look.
    Thanks for the thread. I've seen it before but beyond big clocks and a bunch of skins, I'm not seeing functionality over what the Centro has as default.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post

Good Luck
    I like the Agenda look but I kept getting the week view which I never use. I must not have a pref set properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdpuglisi View Post
    Thanks for the thread. I've seen it before but beyond big clocks and a bunch of skins, I'm not seeing functionality over what the Centro has as default.
    That's pretty much it- a pretty face for the same old functions. I can't think of anything that TAKEphONE does fuction-wise that cannot be accomplished with the stock device, really. I just like having everything all in one place for quick access, especially the current weather and the custom internet search function. There's other things TAKEphONE can do to make your calling experience easier- like saving calling-card numbers, international ext. etc. But like I said, all that can be done with a stock device, it would just take longer.
    Takephone provides a major update to the appearance of your PalmOS phone. No longer any need to be apologetic for it's screen display.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Goodness. I used TakePhone, 2Day, Forecast and Datebook 6 - a great team - even used ZLauncher.
    I will be registering 4cast. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    That's pretty much it- a pretty face for the same old functions. I can't think of anything that TAKEphONE does fuction-wise that cannot be accomplished with the stock device, really. I just like having everything all in one place for quick access, especially the current weather and the custom internet search function. There's other things TAKEphONE can do to make your calling experience easier- like saving calling-card numbers, international ext. etc. But like I said, all that can be done with a stock device, it would just take longer.

Don't forget about the iBar display for photos/speed dial and iBar display for app/icons.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Hmmm. I grabbed it hoping that primarily, it would handle the phone database list a bit better. I don't much care for the way I have to dig up numbers now, nor for the slightly-too-small on screen numbers when dialing. Beauty is a side benefit only if the function makes sense.
    It's ability to handle the phone database far surpasses that found in the WM world. To get anything close to what TakePhone provides, I have the first/last name and often times the company name in the same line/position on my Touch Pro. It handles things lots better.
    Thanks. Will install now!
    Weird. Post via Centro last night, and not here!

Anyway, LOVE THIS PROGRAM! Fantastic. (And I haven't even really used it yet!)
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

Good Luck
    I'm liking this more and more. Anything other than a dark skin seems to be a bit of a PITA to customize for font legibility. Am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by jdpuglisi View Post
    I'm liking this more and more. Anything other than a dark skin seems to be a bit of a PITA to customize for font legibility. Am I missing something?
    I'm using a black background with yellow, red, green and white for different fields.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Here's a look at my 2day screen:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I'm using a black background with yellow, red, green and white for different fields.

Good Luck
    Right. Seems like a black background is best to make the text pop. Geez, the small font is really small. I registered 2Day this afternoon and have the Day view replacing the Agenda view for Datebk6. Like it.
  19. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I may be a lone dissenter. I have used NOTHING WORSE than Takephone. It effed up my phone so damn bad I have had to get it completely erased and reflashed by Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    I may be a lone dissenter. I have used NOTHING WORSE than Takephone. It effed up my phone so damn bad I have had to get it completely erased and reflashed by Palm.
    Sorry you had probems but I don't think I've ever seen a post inidicating TAKEphONE causing any problems like yours. I guess there are always some issues that can't be resolved.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast