1.    #1  
    http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...2&prodID=28140

Has anybody tried this? I tried to download it, but it directed me right to the "buy" screen. I also went to the website and tried to download it, but it is not available. It would be super-cool if this works as it says--scheduled back-ups with the backup module.
    Originally posted by na2rboy

Has anybody tried this? I tried to download it, but it directed me right to the "buy" screen. I also went to the website and tried to download it, but it is not available. It would be super-cool if this works as it says--scheduled back-ups with the backup module.
    I hate companies that don't provide a shareware version. To me it just shows that they don't want to invest the time to code in "nag messages" ot code in "disabled features".

i really wish I could try the software, but there's no way I would buy it until I tried it.
    I also thought there was a demo! silly me! (It's palmgears fault!) News Item updated accordingly... http://visorcentral.com/page/0-2-1112-2.htm
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Will this work with flash modules?
    My Treo has more memory than I do.
    Well.. according to the Backup+ FAQ (http://www.handfort.com/support/back...bplus_faq.html)...

... no.
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    Originally posted by na2rboy

Am I missing something? (Probably)

In my mind, the point of having a backup module is to keep your data backed up and SAFE, at another location.

What's the point of keeping the backup module in the Visor? I lose the Visor, and I've lost both my visor and and my backup!

I also have an Edge, so it just isn't that practical to keep the Backup Mod in the Visor full time anyway...

Just my thoughts....
    well you could schedule it to backup at say 3 am in the morning. Keep the visor and module by your bed, and when you go to sleep put the module into the visor, and wake up lator take the module out. Works for me (for my normal backups)
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    I've been waiting for this for awhile.. Now I don't have to remind myself all the time.
    You know it's bad when your Calculus Professor uses the word "Unpossible"

"It's a long way from my thoughts to what I'll say, It's a long, long way from paradise to where I am today." -Switchfoot, Home
    Originally posted by miradu2000
    well you could schedule it to backup at say 3 am in the morning. Keep the visor and module by your bed, and when you go to sleep put the module into the visor, and wake up lator take the module out. Works for me (for my normal backups)
    Or with freeware like BigClock, you could just set a daily reminder.
    I agree with Shel 100%.

I wouldn't pay for this, and I wouldn't waste a speck of RAM on it. If I want to schedule my backups, I'll set a recurring reminder in the datebook, and backup the Visor manually.
    "The Greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance -- it is the illusion of knowledge." -- Daniel Borstin
    And I really believe the Backup Module works better and is safer -- especially when stored seperately from the Visor unit---
    But if the backup module is in the Visor overnight and is set to backup sometime during that time you don't have the downtime associated with waiting for it to backup. Granted you can always start it and go about your business but as an owner of JBBackup one of the best features was the fact that I knew that if I had to hard reset my prism the backup I would be restoring to would be from 6am that very morning. The only tough part about this would be if your visor were unstable (bad combo of apps) and you forgot to remove the backup module, thus overwriting any good backup you may have had.

If you're worried about losing all of your data just get a CF adapter and reader for your computer. Then you can keep as many incremental backups as you want. In fact I keep a backup of my CF card on my desktop. If something goes wrong and the card gets corrupted I have a relatively recent copy right there. Not to mention a backup of the backup files used by JBBackup.
    You know it's bad when your Calculus Professor uses the word "Unpossible"

"It's a long way from my thoughts to what I'll say, It's a long, long way from paradise to where I am today." -Switchfoot, Home
    What about the MemPlug? Can you use this software with it?
    I guess it isn't that safe to schedule backups without supervising them. Especially if you have hacks installed or PiDirect/PiVFS enabled. I believe it is recommended to disable all those system hacks and do a clean backup. On the other hand if this backup could disable hacks automaticly before performing a backup it would be great. A bit difficult to implement, but it's the safest way to do a backup copy of your PDA.

Al
    ok.. since nobody really knows what's going on, I have a review copy right now...

quick things. No it wil not work with the memplug, Backup+ is a somponet of JBBackup which does work with the memplug to my knowledge (don't have jbbackup with me)

I have the review written, just waiting for 2 fact checking e-mails to be replied to - It's a very nice program.

I think it's a bit over priced, but automatic scheduling rocks, and so does having your backups more than 3 times as fast as HandSprings' sw.. (on my own tests, compelete details of everything in review next week)

Overall I like it. I really like it..
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff