1. jbs
    After hearing so many good things about it around here I decided to try out CallRec today. Seems like a really well-designed product, and the voice memo part of it works well for me, but the phone recording part is not performing well. Specifically, I'm losing ~30% of the audio into gaps.

I've lowered the sample rate to 8000 (the lowest). I'm using a Kingston 4 GB SDHC card. Any other ideas I should try? How common are such gaps/skips in people's experience? If I can get it to work it'd be incredibly useful.

Thanks!

--Jason
    Mine works perfect - FYI, I use a Kingston 4gb class 6 card and have my sample rate set at 16000.

With that said - what phone do you have and what provider is it - are you using a headset - is it wired - is it BT - what class card?

More would probably try and help if we had more info.

BTW on BT you will only get a sided conversation record - I think it is their side.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
  3. jbs
    I'm using a Treo 755p on Sprint and using a wired plug-in headset on the phone. I downloaded Crystal DiskMark from here to see if the card is slow and I got these results:

Sequential Read : 8.803 MB/s
    Sequential Write : 5.446 MB/s
    Random Read 512KB : 8.796 MB/s
    Random Write 512KB : 2.440 MB/s
    Random Read 4KB : 2.609 MB/s
    Random Write 4KB : 0.035 MB/s

Test Size : 50 MB

Unfortunately it's the only Mini-SD I have so I can't compare these numbers to anything else. Anyone know whether those kinds of speeds might be the problem? Thanks!
    Look on your card - what "class" does it say; 2, 4, or 6? - if it doesn't say anything, it is most likely a class 2 which the slowest and that maybe causing your problem.

What brand of card is it?
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

5. jbs
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    Look on your card - what "class" does it say; 2, 4, or 6? - if it doesn't say anything, it is most likely a class 2 which the slowest and that maybe causing your problem.

What brand of card is it?
    I'm using a Kingston 4 GB SDHC card. There's a "4" inside a "C" on the front, which might mean Class 4. And on the back printing it says "SD-S04G". The first Google Hit I get on SD-S04G, though, is this one:
    CARDSPEED - Card Readers and Memory Cards
    which calls it a Class 6 card.

Thanks for the help here, I appreciate it. Are the classes defined by certain specs? i.e. would the benchmark data I posted indicate which class card it is?
    Yes you have a class 4 - I have a couple of those also - one is an R-Data and the other is a Micro Center brand - they both work fine - I think you are safe as long as it is at least a class 4.

Question - you didn't do any crazy formatting when you got the card did you? As it should work fine straight out of the box. Those that did do some weird formatting sometimes had trouble - there is a special "type" of formatting to bring it back to normal if you used a pc to format your card.

Do a search I posted a link to it somewhere here on the forum

Edit 1: try this http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=159563

Notes
    Do not format recordable media other than SD/SDHC Memory Cards using this software. If you have mistakenly formatted a recordable media other than the SD/SDHC Memory Card, reformat the media using the appropriate formatting software that came with the media.

Do not remove the SD/SDHC Memory Card while formatting.
    Once formatting has started, all previously recorded data will be erased.
    Do not format the SD/SDHC Memory Card while the write protection switch is on.

If the SD formatting software does not recognize the SD/SDHC Memory Card, re-insert the card and click on "Refresh". SD formatting is not possible on unrecognizable "removable drives".

Cannot be used on a Macintosh system.

This software does not cope with the copyright protection. If you use a card for some equipment with copyright protection such as SD Audio Player, the formatting must be done by the specific formatting software prepared by the equipment provider.

In some cases SD/SDHC Memory Cards may not be recognized by the SD formatting software immediately after installation of SD/SDHC Memory Card compatible reader/writer driver software. If this occurs, re-start your computer and try again.

If you are using a USB drive and the SD formatting software does not recognize the SD/SDHC Memory Card even after re-inserting it, remove the USB cable while the SD/SDHC Memory Card is still inserted in the drive and after about 10 seconds reconnect the USB cable and click on the "Refresh" button.

Some reader/writers cannot use "erase operation".
    In case of formatting of SDHC Memory Card, the reader/writer supporting SDHC Memory Card is needed.

Edit 2: I have used this formatter before on a couple of cards and it works fine. YMMV
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 05/29/2009 at 03:41 PM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us