Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Greetings all -

I'm looking for some simple spreadsheet software that can sync with MS excel.. I dont need fancy computations and functions (just adding). I'm going to use it for school - keeping track of my students and such.... Any thoughts? I've looked at Tinysheets, Docs to go (expensive!), and quickoffice.. i already have wordsmith..

Thanks!

Pete

http://www.mostlybass.com
    http://www.stop13.com
    I've got quickoffice, but when I bought it, you could just buy quicksheet, so maybe that's the way to go for you...
    I clicked on your mostlybass link, I thought I had found another Visor-packing fisherman, oh-well!
    I am a heavy user of Quicksheet and love it. I find that it will do anything I need to with Excel spreadsheets and seamlessly syncs with my computer.

I do not do much other than fairly straight forward computations (no complicated formulas) and don't know how I lived without it.

It's a great product and very easy to use.
    Jonathan
    I use MiniCalc. It is a good, easy to use program. It syncs with Excel.
    Richard Grogan
    Email: <A HREF="mailto:rgrogan@azstarnet.com?subject=VisorCentral">rgrogan@azstarnet.com</A>
    Homepage: <A HREF="http://www.azstarnet.com/~rgrogan/official.htm">http://www.azstarnet.com/~rgrogan/official.htm</A>
    I use both Quickoffice /// Quicksheet as well as DatyaViz's Sheet to go and both have been great -- flawless sinks and with the new Sheet to go 4.0 --transfers between computers work now.
    TinySheet by Iambic is good. www.iambic.com.
    Are there any good spreadsheet programs that DON'T need to be synced with excel?
    -Bernie

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle
    Quicksheet doesn't
    Highly subjective opinion: I tried TinySheet, MiniCalc and QuickSheet, and went with QuickSheet. While MiniCalc wins out in power, I didn't find it intuitive to use; and TinySheets didn't really have anything over QuickSheet by the time I tried it out.

Note: I use QuickSheet mostly for keeping and producing tables of text, and very little for calculations. Probably a big difference from what you want to use it for.

There are still things I find annoying about QuickSheet (text formatting doesn't allow you to add styles additively over multiple cells), including the fact that I only want to install QuickSheet on my Visor, not QuickWord (I too use WordSmith), and the setup program was changed so that I can't choose to only install QuickSheet. Grrrr...
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I too will be using this mainly for text...
    So, I've narrowed it down to Quicksheet or TinySheet... I'm leaning toward Quicksheet..any more thoughts?
    Thank you all - the input is great!

Pete
    Two things:

[list=1][*]If you're going to be entering lots of text, you should know that the length of text in a single cell is limited to (I think) 256 characters for both QuickSheet and (when last I looked) TinyBytes. MiniCalc wins there -- it can have up to 12000 characters in a cell.[*]One thing I particularly like about QuickSheet -- after you make changes to your spreadsheet, you need to do an explicit Save to save the spreadsheet. (Do so from the File menu, or you're prompted when you close the document with unsaved changes.) TinyBytes and MiniCalc save the changes as you make them; you'll have to use the Undo command to undo any changes you make.[/list=1]
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    You might want to hold off...rumor has it that Blue Nomad is planning on a spreadsheet program (ExcelSmith??)
    Cellsmith? Spreadsmith? Sheetsmith? Gridsmith?
    BTW, Dan Bricklin's mother is the principal at my school.

But I have a question. . .
    Which programs are FREE FREE FREE?
    -Bernie

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle
    Originally posted by ernieba1
    Cellsmith? Spreadsmith? Sheetsmith? Gridsmith?
    BTW, Dan Bricklin's mother is the principal at my school.
    Bernie, you are too funny!! Of course, if Dan Bricklin's mom is principal at your school, you should have included Visismith and Calcsmith!!
    MANY BLESSINGS!
    Peace and Every Good!

Michael W. Cristiani
    mcristia@fuse.net