1.    #1  
    Today, i went over my friends house and my phone started to try and hotsync with a computer. i kept canceling the process but it would not stop. I pulled the battery out of my phone and put it back in and it pulled up error code 0.19 with the green,blues, and reds. I searched but found little help and to be honest i have never even used hotsync before or for that matter, barely any of the features on the treo so i am not very knowledged on them at all lol. I do run my business on this phone so it would be a great help to have it fixed!
    Please read the user's guide to your phone. If it's a Sprint phone, it's on your phone. That will give you some basic knowledge of how it works. Well worth the time spent.

Were you using a cable to hotsync?
  3.    #3  
    after searching some more i am very disappointed to find that its the fatal, "screen of death". i guess I'm out of a phone. Any comments or suggestions to maybe help bring it back to life are welcome. I love the phone but didnt want to spend the money on a new one again.
  4.    #4  
    No it was in my pocket at the time and i pulled it out and it was doing it by itself and when i canceled it, it kept doing it over and over. I have never used hotsync and i do not even have the need too. ive read more and learned that it is from water damage. i cant read the users guide because i can't even get to the main screen on my phone haha
    Pull out the battery and put it in a bowl of rice for a few days. See if that removes enough of the moisture.
    How long have you had the phone? Have you been in touch with either Palm or your phone company?

You should definitely hotsync with your computer. That way you won't lose important info (you said that you "run your business" on your phone) like names, addresses and phone numbers, which you might if it's truly gone brick.
  7.    #7  
    well just wanted to let everyone know there is hope still if you get that screen of death. i put it out in the sun for a few hours flipped over and that night i powered it up. it came on, and within the next hour it only tried to hotsync 3 times. then it stopped after that and has been working fine ever since.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by L.R.Cote View Post
    How long have you had the phone? Have you been in touch with either Palm or your phone company?

You should definitely hotsync with your computer. That way you won't lose important info (you said that you "run your business" on your phone) like names, addresses and phone numbers, which you might if it's truly gone brick.
    yes i know i need to learn how to because i just usually do it the old school way and write names,numbers, and addresses down on paper in case something happens to my phone
    I'm glad it is working again, for the future, that error that starts with the phone trying to hotsync by itself and ends with the colored stripe screen after you reset - that is usually caused by moisture in the battery chamber. Like the prvious poster said, you can cover it with rice (with the battery out and the door open) or like you put it in the sun.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Glad it's working for you again. Syncing is valuable, as is backing up your sync. I have the owner's manual on my computer too.

My DH used to laugh because I'd write things on sticky notes and attached them to my Handspring Visor before I realized how powerful it was. I still do it with the 755p sometimes...
    Rice It's nice when the fix is all natural.